Not sure if this has anything to do with Opera Mini or not but after installing Opera Mini Browser, I had problems accessing internet on Opera via WiFi or G3. I received a message that told me to check network settings after displaying General Socket Error. I couldn't see any network issues and the default BB Browser worked and continues to work just fine.

At the same time, I started to get "DNS Error" when trying to connect to BB App World. This has persisted for a couple of days now.

I removed Opera Mini but the problem persists. Have re-booted, pulled battery but still no access to App World.

While this has been going on, I also lost access to data via the Weather Network App but since uninstalling Opera Mini, The Weather Net App is working again. No error message just didn't see any weather data. Coincidence?

I removed App World App, re-started and all Apps worked just fine so I re-installed BB App World v 1.1.0.33 and was still getting DNS error. Now out of the blue (without any further changes, I get an error message that says "Tunnel Failure" when trying to access BB App World. WTF???

Has anyone experienced anything similar and does anyone have a suggested solution?

Bold 9700 v5.0.0.442(Platform 5.1.0.121) on Telus CDMA network.

Thanks!
    06-09-10 02:29 PM
    Since posting, I was able to get into AppWorld (once) and even DL'd an app and the new app works just fine. After my new app install I am back to receiving DNS Error message when trying to get into App World.
    06-09-10 02:43 PM
    Just tried App World again and received Err Msg "There was a problem reading from the server and BB App World must exit." Err msg was 10003 or some such...couldn't quite grab it cause BB exited. Then App World worked. What's happening?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD