Bought a New candy apple red battery back, with black camera piece, candy apple red bottom piece, and a black bezel.(All in metallic colors) I have a red/black wallpaper set to my storm L theme, as well as a black/red keyboard.

Gonna look sick!

Will post pictures for those interested, Parts should be here on the 16 of June!
    06-12-09 09:14 PM
    you can just buy the parts from them and install them yourself??
    06-12-09 09:15 PM
    you can just buy the parts from them and install them yourself??
    Yupyup. I prefer this option much more than sending my phone in.
    06-12-09 09:17 PM
    Yes. For the bold you can either send your phone in to get painted and maintain warranty or go the cheaper route and have them send you the parts already painted and you install the the parts yourself and lose the warranty. As far asi know this option is only for the bold. All other products you HAVE to send it in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 09:19 PM
    Yes. For the bold you can either send your phone in to get painted and maintain warranty or go the cheaper route and have them send you the parts already painted and you install the the parts yourself and lose the warranty. As far asi know this option is only for the bold. All other products you HAVE to send it in.

I've only seen this available for the Bold as well. Haven't checked out the computers and stuff like that though. Phones wise, I think it's only the Bold.
    06-12-09 09:25 PM
    Can't wait to see the pics, candy apple red eh?
    06-12-09 09:34 PM
    I just finished installing my Colorware kit. I went with the Metallic Graphite backing plate and "Crush" orange frame/camera.

So far I am happy with Colorware. Yes, it's expensive, but the paint quality is excellent and I received it next day. The kit comes with a T5 torx screwdriver, small plastic wedge tool for prying and excellent instructions (not that I needed them).

I will snap some pics in a few mins when I dig my camera out and put them up for you all.
    06-12-09 10:34 PM
    Here are some pics. Caution: Large

Colorware Bold 1

Colorware Bold 2

Colorware Bold 3
    06-12-09 10:56 PM
    Dang that is hot!!

Did the colorware bezel come with its own speaker mesh, or did you have to transplant that from your old mesh?
    06-13-09 12:01 AM
    Whoa that's pretty cool, I would do that if I had the option...its much better than sending it and losing your phone for a while

06-13-09 12:47 AM
    Wow that's really hot BTW!!!!!

06-13-09 12:50 AM
    WOWOWOWOWOW! THAT IS NICE!

Nice color choices.
    06-13-09 01:07 AM
    Damn, that bold is on point, you can definitely see the quality that goes into their products. If I had enough money to shell out and pimp out my bold, I'd definitely consider colorware, but as of now, I'm pretty satisfied with the default look. Good stuff!
    06-13-09 03:43 AM
    just wow. beautiful!
    06-13-09 10:21 AM
    msararian: Yes, the speaker mesh is included, as are the buttons. You just swap over the mid plate, main board, screen and keyboard and you are good to go. It took me about 5 mins to do the swap. I have looked closer at the paint job and it's absolutely top notch, and fairly thick. I can't see it being easy to scratch with their clear protective coat, but I am sure you still can if you REALLY do something stupid, heh.

NOTE: The Colorware back cover comes with a large piece of foam stuck to the inside that contacts the battery to take up space and when you install the back cover it fits TIGHT with no movement at all (so far), unlike the stock leather back.
    06-13-09 11:45 AM
    thats a really nice color
    06-13-09 02:36 PM
    Awesome looking bold, but I still prefer to touch my
    bold when she is naked

06-13-09 03:30 PM
    Nice bold. I was going to but that red frame but changed my mind. 3 more days till my parts come. Pictures will be posted asap.

06-13-09 04:13 PM
    here is what it will look like, except with red/black keyboard
    06-13-09 07:07 PM
    I never like the look when the bottom faceplate is coloured - it ruins the lines of the phone for me to have that piece "pop." Makes it look like choppy pieces rather than one smooth and seamless front. But it only matters if you like it.
    06-13-09 07:12 PM
    That's gonna be one sexy bold!!!!!
    06-13-09 07:17 PM
    K B ... I agree !
    06-14-09 02:25 AM
    I never like the look when the bottom faceplate is coloured - it ruins the lines of the phone for me to have that piece "pop." Makes it look like choppy pieces rather than one smooth and seamless front. But it only matters if you like it.
    Absolutely agree
    06-14-09 05:09 AM
    Looks Nice
    06-14-09 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD