Well, I have a blacked out bold, and I frist went with a red trackball but it looked pink so I put in a green one with the black around it, and that one completely sucks, I dunno if the trackballs with the white ring around it work better with bold? Or maybe it was just defective? But my real question is, im thinking about just getting the black trackball, does the G1 one work just as good as the regular trackball?
    07-26-09 02:34 PM
    I have the G1 black trackball in mine. Had it for about two months. Works perfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 02:40 PM
    Love the black trackball. Looks much better.
    07-26-09 04:20 PM
    The trackballs are pretty much universal. Plenty of people run the G1.

07-26-09 04:24 PM
    The black always looks good cause its a solid color some of these dyed ones looks different with the light hitting them or just due to a crappy color job

07-26-09 05:10 PM
    I would really like to have one of those, but dont feel confident enough to install one myself! Anyone in the Orange County California area to help me out with blacking my Bold out...will pay you to install!!!
    07-26-09 05:21 PM
    I would really like to have one of those, but dont feel confident enough to install one myself! Anyone in the Orange County California area to help me out with blacking my Bold out...will pay you to install!!!
    It's really easy! Just watch the vids and take your time. I'm sure you could do it.
    07-26-09 05:23 PM
    Thanks for the confident booster, but seriously i have a terrible time taking crap apart and putting it together (the way its supposed to be)... It starts out looking like a BOLD, but winds up looking stupid like a dang iPhone or something like that!!
    07-26-09 05:34 PM
    Thanks for the confident booster, but seriously i have a terrible time taking crap apart and putting it together (the way its supposed to be)... It starts out looking like a BOLD, but winds up looking stupid like a dang iPhone or something like that!!
    Ha..maybe you shouldn't then.
    07-26-09 05:36 PM
    i have the oem trackball, but im tempted to try the g1 trackball
    07-26-09 06:35 PM
    G1 trackballs are a little bit larger than the oem's, but works really good on the bold! Better feel, better contact on finger and less prone to become dirty!

07-26-09 10:02 PM
    I wanna try the G1 but am too nervous to take apart my phone and have something go wrong later on down the road and then have to take it apart again to put a white ball on it just to bring it to ATT.
    07-26-09 10:44 PM
    Hey guys, just wondering...

What exactly does G1 mean and how is it different from the generic one that comes IN the phone when you first get it?

And same with OEM...what's the deal with that??

What are all of the types of trackballs and what's better??

Thanks in advance.
    07-31-09 03:22 AM
    Hey guys, just wondering...

What exactly does G1 mean and how is it different from the generic one that comes IN the phone when you first get it?

And same with OEM...what's the deal with that??

What are all of the types of trackballs and what's better??

Thanks in advance.
    G1 is refer to HTC G1 google phone or android phone, the 1st Android phone.
    The trackball on G1 is bit bigger maybe.
    OEM <- which mean our original trackball.
    Which one better...I also think black trackball looks cooler.
    07-31-09 04:03 AM
    i ordered a g1 from cnn and i didnt like the fit. i bought one off pmonmon on ebay and it works perfectly. soo happy with it! it is what he has listed has a bold oem black trackball with a trackball holder and t5 screwdrver
    07-31-09 09:29 AM
    I have the OEM trackball and it is working fine for now. When I do start having problems I will switch in the G1 though.

07-31-09 09:30 AM
    I haven't tried the G1 trackball yet but I really liked the 8900 one. Just a tip if u wanted to go with red I would suggest cutting a small piece of electrical tape and cover the backlight led for the trackball it looks so much better that way.

07-31-09 09:57 AM
    G1 is refer to HTC G1 google phone or android phone, the 1st Android phone.
    The trackball on G1 is bit bigger maybe.
    OEM <- which mean our original trackball.
    Which one better...I also think black trackball looks cooler.
    Ohhh so G1 is meant for another phone series??

I don't know, a lot of people here have said that they liked the G1 trackball better, but many people are saying that OEM is way better.

I don't know...I like the white OEM trackball...it's cute and looks better with my pink Curve than a black one would.

Thanks
    07-31-09 08:48 PM
    Ohhh so G1 is meant for another phone series??

I don't know, a lot of people here have said that they liked the G1 trackball better, but many people are saying that OEM is way better.

I don't know...I like the white OEM trackball...it's cute and looks better with my pink Curve than a black one would.

Thanks
    The G1 works fine in the Bold. I put mine in about a week ago and no problems so far.
    07-31-09 08:49 PM
    The G1 works fine in the Bold. I put mine in about a week ago and no problems so far.
    Yeah, that's what I've heard from other Bold users, but not so much with Curve users. I just got my Curve a couple days ago so I have no idea which one I like better, but I just know my pink Curve would look better with the white OEM rather than a black trackball.

Once I get my replacement trackball and my Curve shows that it's working right (then I won't have to exchange it), then I might even get a pink OEM trackball for fun! That'd be so cute !!

Anyway, my friend got the Tour, and it looks like the Tours feature a black trackball instead of a white one. That's cool, but are those G1?? I know I sound stupid...but I'm hearing so many different things about G1 so I'm not fully understanding the whole G1 trackball idea haha
    08-01-09 02:55 AM
    The black always looks good cause its a solid color some of these dyed ones looks different with the light hitting them or just due to a crappy color job

So the G1 trackballs are completely black and stay black when the backlight comes on?

Damn, I bought what I thought was the G1 one, but mine glows a little
    08-08-09 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD