I bought a full housing replacement on ebay,
    i'm looking through youtube tutorials, and i can't find one where they replace the full thing.
    The housing i got has the part that has all the side buttons on it and the camera and flash.
    Does anyone know any good tutorials for replacing that part?

Also, the part on the top with the lock and mute buttons, i can't figure out what to attach it to... It fits nicely there but doesn't attach to anything or snap in..
    04-15-11 08:47 PM
    ive replaced the midplate in my 9700 before. why do you want to replace that too? unless your camera flash or speaker is blown, theres no reason too. my speaker was blown so i needed to. all you do is unscrew the PCB off the midplate and transplant it over to the new one. once you get in there, its self explanatory. look for videos of a 9700 dissassembly. same thing...
    04-16-11 01:45 AM
    Used this for mine -

Its for the 9700 - but I believe most of the hardware you are going to get down and dirty with is the same...

Good luck, and work slowly and steadily...
    04-16-11 05:18 PM
    Yes, there are some difficulties in these replacing processes, which I also met some before, when I did the full housing replacement for my Samsung s2 i9100. Because I got the new parts from a website store, so I only asked help for them who sold the parts to me. Then their technician helped me to solve it. Nearly I broken it with ignorance. So doing these kinds of repairing , we should find and prepared right ways or guide well for it.
    01-17-14 01:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD