So I dropped my phone today and it took a good chunk out of the backplate.

I am about to purchase the full housing replacement as well as a new trackpad. Has anyone purchased these two items from cnn.cn? If you did, how was the quality of the full housing?
    05-20-10 11:25 AM
    I did and was not impressed. You will find some fitment issues such as larger gaps around the top of the screen. Also the metal screen covering the earpiece was not installed correctly. I just want to know where you can find actual OEM housings.
    05-20-10 11:30 AM
    Do you have any pictures?
    05-20-10 11:36 AM
    cnn.cn says this is OEM housing, it's not ?
    05-20-10 11:55 AM
    Please someone answer me, i was about to buy this full housing from cnn because i drop my phone and on the top there's a scratch :s but now that crackberrybryan says this is medium quality i don't know what to do
    05-20-10 12:12 PM
    Go to truesupplier.com and see what they might have.
    05-20-10 12:21 PM
    Do you have any pictures?
    No pictures
    cnn.cn says this is OEM housing, it's not ?
    If it is an OEM housing it is the rejects RIM didn't use in production. I bought it simply because it said OEM. Fit sucked.
    05-20-10 12:42 PM
    Go check out dealsishop.com or sw-box.com

I just bought from sw-box and I've heard rave reviews about it too.
    05-20-10 12:43 PM
    No pictures

If it is an OEM housing it is the rejects RIM didn't use in production. I bought it simply because it said OEM. Fit sucked.
    Ah so it's OEM but reject OEM.. great.

(your link to your twitter account is not good)
    05-20-10 01:03 PM
    check out

DealsiShop.com - Buy cell phone parts, blackberry parts accessories, earbuds, wholesale & retail

or

New OEM Blackberry Bold 9700 full housing keypad OEM US - eBay (item 320490881855 end time May-20-10 12:30:33 PDT)

both ship from the US. that means you'll get it in a few days rather than a few weeks. I've bought a topcover from dealsishop and i couldn't tell if it was OEM or not, but it looked exactly the same.
    05-20-10 01:52 PM
    I got mine from Sw-box.com It fits, but it's not flush. I'll post a picture up later after work
    05-20-10 01:59 PM
    Ah so it's OEM but reject OEM.. great.

(your link to your twitter account is not good)
    I'm not saying for sure its a reject I'm saying that if it is OEM it had to of been the rejects because there is no way RIM would use that junk. I fixed my twitter link too!
    05-20-10 02:24 PM

this is the black matte bezel I got from SW-Box.com it fits, but like I said, not flush
    05-20-10 08:40 PM
    Yes. Quality is not perfect but that's'not an OEM product....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 12:31 AM
    I actually purchased the Black Bezel from cnn.cn. It came but there was a gap between the screen and the earpiece, so I complained to them and they sent me another one. I'm just waiting for it to come in the mail.
    05-21-10 04:53 AM
    I'm more interested in the whole housing (backplate, bezel, keyboard), not just the bezel.
    05-21-10 11:09 AM
    The guy on the video on cnn.cn make it look so easy... i'm receiving my piece next week and i really don't know if i will have the brave to dismember my 9700... Each time on those video it looks easy, and in real you have to be like 4 and to put all your strenght just to remove the first piece and the guy just pop it off like that...
    05-22-10 06:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD