I took my bold off the charger early this morning and went to read an email. went i couldn't get it to respond i attempted to restart using the alt, shift, del method. when that didn't work i pulled the battery. when it started i tried to enter my password like i usually would to unlock it. for some reason no keys would respond and the screen eventually just faded to black.

at this point i called rogers... they told me to reinstall the software on it. i did without any issue however when it finally came back on it did the same thing.

does anyone have any ideas as to what could cause this and how i could correct it?

Thanks.
    Last edited by sherb12; 07-28-09 at 10:11 AM. Reason: 10 days of the silica treatment
    07-12-09 10:11 PM
    The common cause to all of it appears to be the keyboard not working?
    07-12-09 11:29 PM
    the trackball doesn't work either. the back light just turns off from lack of activity because the keyboard and trackball wont work. I'm missing my bold. i had to switch back to windows mobile... don't know how much more i can take.
    07-12-09 11:37 PM
    bump/update

today i noticed that the liquad indictaor strips are red. the reason i'm just noticing this now is because i never thought to check them. the phone was never wet. can anything else set these off? should i still try the rice or silica gel thing?
    07-13-09 12:59 PM
    I've heard people say steam from a shower or something around those lines, gets to their blackberry. I would possibly try putting it in dry rice and see if that would help... At this point, what do you have to lose?
    07-13-09 01:01 PM
    hopefully rogers will just send me a new one. but while i wait i'll leave this one on rice.

thanks.
    07-13-09 01:05 PM
    do bold really have much problems ?

hmm..getting one soon..dont know should i take bold or curve..

hmm
    07-14-09 03:16 PM
    So i used silica gel instead of rice and now over 10 days later my bold is fuctioning normaly!(ish) trackball now works again and all keys now have the correct response when pushed. a few of the butons feel a little stiff but i can live with that.
    Only thing i'm worried about is it safe to still use? i dont want to be stranded somewhere and have a phone that will just crap out on me.
    07-28-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD