I can almost guarantee you it will be on the NEXT generation of phones. It's a mistake they didn't include it this round. Probably won't stop me from buying, BUT it was a mistake pure and simple!
    kirson likes this.
    06-27-11 08:47 AM
    zero zero zero interest in one.....I see my wife at home - don't need to see her while I am sorking as well! lol
    Good God man, I hope for your sake she doesn't see this!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-11 08:48 AM
    I can almost guarantee you it will be on the NEXT generation of phones. It's a mistake they didn't include it this round. Probably won't stop me from buying, BUT it was a mistake pure and simple!
    *Nods at this*
    06-27-11 08:55 AM

lol..... naw - plus she knows its a joke.... she would probably tell you she doesnt need to see ME! I have had a couple phones with the Front facing camera - its a novelty - used it once or twice and never even touched it again....
    06-27-11 09:10 AM

Yeah right, do you not think they (the wives, girlfriends etc) feel the same? I'm sure they wave better things to do then to look at our faces all the time

A "ping me baby" bbm goes a long way

06-27-11 09:17 AM
    I like how everyone says front facing cameras don't need to be on phones because they're already on laptops and tablets. Using this same logic, maybe we shouldn't have internet browsers on smartphones. The internet is also already on laptops and tablets.
    06-27-11 09:26 AM
    I like how everyone says front facing cameras don't need to be on phones because they're already on laptops and tablets. Using this same logic, maybe we shouldn't have internet browsers on smartphones. The internet is also already on laptops and tablets.
    I think you are more likely and would have a much greater need to browse the web from your phone than you would talking to someone that you can see....imo
    06-27-11 09:41 AM
    I think you are more likely and would have a much greater need to browse the web from your phone than you would talking to someone that you can see....imo
    "Not me, man. I never browse the web on my phone. I keep my laptop on me all the time when I'm on campus." That's a typical response you'd get from someone. My point is that people need to stop being so narrow minded and understand that other people have different needs than their own.
    06-27-11 10:18 AM
    I think that they build stronger devices without those unused things.
    06-27-11 10:55 AM
    It's not narrow minded, it's called hating to pay for things you don't use (front facing camera) or things you can't use (4G, LTE) for most of Erurope, there's not that much 3G either.

06-27-11 11:14 AM
    lol you wont be paying for the FFC. the price will be 199 with contract here in the states with of without a FFC. you are being narrow minded, you should think of it as getting more for your money
    06-27-11 11:39 AM
    I agree for me I could care less but it still should be there for the option. With some of the answers I get around here I'm starting to think that RIM could care less about the avg consumer and only about business. If that is the case they should just quit trying to attract consumers and stick to their business market.

Warning if you want what everyone else has or is doing look elsewhere as we do not provide it. It's too bad as I don't like the others.
    06-27-11 11:49 AM
    Why should I care what Rim can do to attract more average consumers? I choose a phone or platform according to my specific needs.

No matter what you say, having hardware in your phone that don't use it's a waste, for you personally and for the environment.

06-27-11 12:22 PM
    Why should I care what Rim can do to attract more average consumers? I choose a phone or platform according to my specific needs.

No matter what you say, having hardware in your phone that don't use it's a waste, for you personally and for the environment.

So when the next gen BBs come out you will not be purchasing one because without a doubt it will be included then next time around. Wether you like it or not this phone is a quick put together deal hardware and software to try and hold us onto QNX. It still will probably be a great phone compared to anything RIM has offered but will be dead in the water next year at this time.....
    06-27-11 12:30 PM
    So when the next gen BBs come out you will not be purchasing one because without a doubt it will be included then next time around. Wether you like it or not this phone is a quick put together deal hardware and software to try and hold us onto QNX. It still will probably be a great phone compared to anything RIM has offered but will be dead in the water next year at this time.....
    I never think that far ahead, I will be upgrading to OS7 and probably keep it for 2 years.

06-27-11 12:35 PM
    Absolutely matters not to me I must say. I have a FFC on my current Nexus S and have yet to use it.

Even if (as suggested above) this new Bold is intended just to 'keep us happy 'til QNX', then I'm absolutely fine with that too in fact.
    I buy a new phone every three-six months usually, and am missing my BlackBerry in a BIG way having sold my Torch.

This one will keep me going for a good while. I can tell already.

06-27-11 01:03 PM
    FFC matters to me, I can speak on countless times when its come in handy. I just can't wait until carriers support it on 3G, as myself and a few family members are jailbroken therefore we use a jailbreak app to enable it over 3G.

Once affordable 3G video-calling happens, I think we will start to see more wide spread use.

It still amazes me when I'm out and about and can place/receive a facetime call.
    Last edited by The Gift; 06-28-11 at 05:44 AM.
    06-27-11 03:36 PM
    FFC matters to me, I can speak on countless times when its come in handy. I just can't wait until carriers support it on 3G, as myself and a few family members are jailbroken therefore we use a jailbreak app to enable it over 3G.

Once affordable 3G video-calling happens, I think we will start to see more wide spread use.

It still amazes me when I'm out and about and can take/receive a facetime call.
    One big problem with that, carriers around the world are cutting data plans and I believe video calling is very data intensive.

06-27-11 03:43 PM
    I just think it is better to have it and not use it, than to want it and not have it. Phones are the same price with or without it anyway.

06-27-11 03:56 PM
    Wow, I did a quick search about facetime just out of curiosity if there were any surveys about how many people are using it and "facetime stealing information" came up, what's the story with that?

06-27-11 04:23 PM

I think you should care because if it doesn't happen you may not have another blackberry to buy.
    06-27-11 05:36 PM
    I think you should care because if it doesn't happen you may not have another blackberry to buy.
    I doubt I'll be losing much sleep over it.
    06-27-11 06:07 PM
    The only use I had for my FFC on Nokia's, was to check if my hair was properly set. Best use, when you don't have access to mirrors.I have seen girls powder up using FFC. So yes, it does find alternate uses.
    06-28-11 02:09 AM
    One big problem with that, carriers around the world are cutting data plans and I believe video calling is very data intensive.

True, but then you have companies like Three who buck the trend and bring out 'The one plan' The One Plan from 3 Mobile *Unlimited internet*

I think I know where I'm going when my Tesco iPhone contract ends in September.
    06-28-11 05:49 AM
    True, but then you have companies like Three who buck the trend and bring out 'The one plan' The One Plan from 3 Mobile *Unlimited internet*

I think I know where I'm going when my Tesco iPhone contract ends in September.
    The problem with 3Mobile is when you run out of 3G you lose data completely, it uses Orange 2G network for calls and sms only. Beware.

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 06-28-11 at 05:57 AM.
    06-28-11 05:54 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD