Starting yesterday night, every time I would try to open the activity log for my boyfriend, the phone will freeze. I took the battery out and turned the device off. Once back on, I noticed that some of my text messages were missing between us. Its only him, no other contact in my phone. Does anyone know why. When I do a search for it, I see all the text messages even the ones missing but every time I try to pull it up in messages, it doesn't show up and freezes. I've only had the device for a couple of days...help?!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 06:52 PM
    So what your saying is that when you try and read the text messages it crashes your phone? Are these SMS/MMS messages or messages in BBM? Usually when you get crashes like this it's because the BB just stalled or you're trying to access a corrupted file. If you're getting the phone through T-Mobile and it's pretty new you could check what OS you're currently running and if there is a newer one available. Another thing you might want to try is to see if one of your apps are corrupted and messing with your BB. I'm of the type that believes that a fresh reinstall of a new or fresh OS cures most problems. Especially with carriers like the ones we deal with in the state that take forever to officially release an OS that is obsolete by the time it's actually released.
    06-28-10 08:29 PM
    Yeah they're only SMS, no pictures. I did check and it is the current version. I did the update.Its kind of frustrating.

06-28-10 09:09 PM
    I've noticed that on the newest official T*Mo, I've gotten that a few times as well. My SMS for my wife won't open. I have to delete it and start a new thread with her, but I can open any other SMS thread. It's happened twice so far, and I believe it was my wife's both times.
    06-29-10 08:19 AM
    Why not try an OS from another carrier? It seems like it's T-Mobile's official release that is buggy. Maybe it's one of their pushed "apps" causing the issue. I'm running the leaked 5.0.0.743 on my AT&T branded 9700 with no issues.
    06-30-10 12:07 PM
    And then its re-arranging the order of the text messages. I texted him at 8:00 and it pushed it all the way to yesterdays messages at an earlier time.

06-30-10 08:50 PM
    Mine does the same thing and I'm with Sprint; It was only my best friend (I'm assuming it does it to whomever you text the most) but it freezes my phone for maybe 30 seconds to open any SMS messages from him, and freezes for about two minutes when I send things to him.
    07-01-10 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD