Hi all,

I spent hours and days to find this, I think it will be helpful for all of you in kuwait or any where else. I get sick of BB data Plan of local service provider ZAIN, all of you now can browse the internet for 1 fils for 1KB only.
    all what you have to do is the following:
    option> advanced options> TCP/IP>
    APN SETTING ENABLED
    APN:wap.wataniya.com
    APN authentication enabled
    username:
    password:

N.B. Username and password must be blank

you can browse the internet though opera mini coz the BB browser will not work.

you can download OPERA though WIFI> install it then remove the battery and restart.

Enjoy the cheep service guys untill wataniya finishes their BB service, by the way it will be cheeper, faster than Zain

Happy to assist you all.
    waiting for your comments.
    06-08-09 10:11 AM
    Good first post mate.

If it works
    06-08-09 10:14 AM
    So this is a legit free internet for the blackberry?
    06-08-09 01:12 PM
    Hi, its still working for me. i'm replying from my loved BB Bold
    06-11-09 02:40 PM
    Anyone try this in the USA? I am tired of paying 30 dollars for the net and this would be great.
    06-11-09 06:39 PM
    also whats a fil?
    06-11-09 06:40 PM
    a fil equals 0.00028 USD
    06-12-09 05:51 PM
    btw that is the standard rate without a data plan . In UAE , it is also 1 fils per kb but thats way too expensive if you are a hard core user !

BTW , you are charged not only for browsing ! browsing , pin messaging , emailing etc
    06-13-09 04:08 PM
    I did that 1 kb/1 fils before i got an unlimited data plan
    in ZAIN network use
    apn: pps
    user: pps
    pass: pps
    and it should work.
    You should know that, through experience (and huge financial loss) this is not something you want to do.
    The blackberry or the iphone uses A LOT of data daily even in the background while youre sleeping.
    For me, i said what the heck 1 kb/1 fils is like for free almost, and my usage wont be more than 10 kd a month (37 USD), which is cheaper than the BIS service offered by the company for 14 kd (50 kd/month).
    now here is the really funny part (sarcasm), when my bell came out that month it was almost 300 kd, (almost 1200 USD), 40 kd for voice usage, 70 for sms (i txt a lot), and 190 for my data usage. Yup, had to pay them 1 FILS AFTER ANOTHER, while i just coulve paid 14 kd a month n had an unlimited internet.

Dont underestimate the power of a kilobyte
    06-16-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD