thats not completely accurate, when you email to a person's text message email address it will come to them as a normal text message. For example, if you email [email protected] its will send a text message to that number's phone like it came from you texting them.

They can reply to that and it comes to your email. Im not sure how the 15 min delay works. sometimes i have a delay sometimes the email is instant it really seems to depend on the day and account. If its your BB email address it seems to get there pretty quick. Still a good substitute for paying outrageous text charges
    02-15-09 11:21 AM
    Need one more post to post domain email addys. See next post.
    02-15-09 11:38 AM
    Email addys to send text via email:

To send a text message via email, just substitute a 10-digit cell number for �number� for each carrier below:

* AT&T: [email protected]
    * Qwest: [email protected]
    * T-Mobile: [email protected]
    * Verizon: [email protected]
    * Sprint: [email protected] or [email protected]
    * Virgin Mobile: [email protected]
    * Nextel: [email protected]
    * Alltel: [email protected]
    * Metro PCS: [email protected]
    * Powertel: [email protected]
    * Suncom: [email protected]
    * U.S. Cellular: [email protected]
    02-15-09 11:38 AM
    And if you email their phone and they reply, are they charged for SMS or data? Something to think about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 01:13 PM
    On your side it might be cost effective to purchase a message plan.
    02-15-09 02:01 PM
    If you have a data plan...

Then setup an account with aim messenger and put your friends cell phone number in ur buddy list. And text away all you want. Aim uses data not sms text.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Has anyone been able to do this lately?? I've tried and at least with the AIM I D/Led for blackberry, it wont allow me to text through it! Argh! Same with Yahoo messager!

Also, all of you rich people who are saying to just get unlimited texts, why don't YOU pay for the $30 data package PLUS the $30 per line for unlimited texts if you're so haughty?
    04-06-10 11:56 AM
    yeah um this is ridiculous you have a BB and yet you dont have unlimited txt messaging come on now it's 2010 haha this is a good laugh. I have unlimited everything cept the mins but its like over a 1,000mins so basically unlimited there also and I mean it's $55 or something like that for me I am on a family plan but come on man.
    04-06-10 01:08 PM
    yeah um this is ridiculous you have a BB and yet you dont have unlimited txt messaging come on now it's 2010 haha this is a good laugh. I have unlimited everything cept the mins but its like over a 1,000mins so basically unlimited there also and I mean it's $55 or something like that for me I am on a family plan but come on man.
    Not all of us are as lucky as you are to have mommy & daddy footing part of the bill. Most of us have to be on our OWN cell phone plan and thus we don't enjoy paying $20+ extra per month for text messages when we are ALREADY paying for a data plan.

I got a blackberry to SAVE money, because the only thing I use my home internet service for is email, everything else is done in the office. I will be dropping my home internet next month, saving me around $30 a month. However, the extra $30 a month data charge from Verizon is really eating at me. If I could drop the extra $ I pay for the text message package, it would be very helpful.

Someone said that they used beejive. Is that a decent service? Is it worth the money? Is it a one-time fee or a monthly charge?
    04-06-10 03:27 PM
    Seems like a ridiculous question at first, but between AIM text messaging and Google voice, there actually are some options. I, myself, just signed up for AIM and the free trial of Beejive - I've been texting my friends for free all afternoon. I'm on ATT, so $20 for unlimited texting is a bit steep for something that costs the company pennies.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-06-10 05:42 PM
    Get a Google Voice number and send sms using the google voice number. Google Voice Sms use your data plan so you do not want the sms sent to your cell number. I use it all the time and it works great - for free..
    04-06-10 05:59 PM
    Get a Google Voice number and send sms using the google voice number. Google Voice Sms use your data plan so you do not want the sms sent to your cell number. I use it all the time and it works great - for free..
    I have been trying to do just that, sadly I have yet to hear back from google voice regarding my Google voice invitation. :\ Any suggestions on how to get an invitation? How did you get yours?

Seems like a ridiculous question at first, but between AIM text messaging and Google voice, there actually are some options. I, myself, just signed up for AIM and the free trial of Beejive - I've been texting my friends for free all afternoon. I'm on ATT, so $20 for unlimited texting is a bit steep for something that costs the company pennies.
    Has AIM been working well on your blackberry? I D/Led it, but I have yet to get ONE SMS text message to go through (I'm sending them by sending them to +1########## (where #s are the 9 digit phone # I'm texting) Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
    04-07-10 09:08 AM
    Has AIM been working well on your blackberry? I D/Led it, but I have yet to get ONE SMS text message to go through (I'm sending them by sending them to +1########## (where #s are the 9 digit phone # I'm texting) Am I doing something wrong?
    Yup, it's been working great. The text shows up on the recipients phone without your normal phone number, so it's best to register an e-mail address with AIM that has your name in it. The recipient will actually see your e-mail address as part of the 'from' field. When you 'add a buddy,' make sure you put +1xxxxxxxxxx in both the Buddy Handle and Nickname fields, then save. Once established, you can edit the new buddy's Nickname to his/her real name. That's what I had to do to make it work. I've been doing this using Beejive, so if you aren't using Beejive, I'm not sure how much different the process will be for you.

Good luck!
    04-07-10 10:15 AM
    Someone said that they used beejive. Is that a decent service? Is it worth the money? Is it a one-time fee or a monthly charge?
    It's working really well. I like it so far. 30-day free trial, so you don't have much to lose. $20 1-time fee for device registration after the trial. $30 1-time fee for lifetime registration after the trial. Your choice.
    04-07-10 10:18 AM
    Yup, it's been working great. The text shows up on the recipients phone without your normal phone number, so it's best to register an e-mail address with AIM that has your name in it. The recipient will actually see your e-mail address as part of the 'from' field. When you 'add a buddy,' make sure you put +1xxxxxxxxxx in both the Buddy Handle and Nickname fields, then save. Once established, you can edit the new buddy's Nickname to his/her real name. That's what I had to do to make it work. I've been doing this using Beejive, so if you aren't using Beejive, I'm not sure how much different the process will be for you.
    Hmmm... Maybe it's the AIM service that is being poopy. When I "add a buddy" I only get the field of "screenname" ... :\
    04-07-10 11:30 AM
    I tried that and the messages were still charged as SMS on both ends.
    04-07-10 11:41 AM
    Hmmm... Maybe it's the AIM service that is being poopy. When I "add a buddy" I only get the field of "screenname" ... :\
    Are you using Beejive? If not, that's the difference. If so, what's the version number? I'm using 2.0.2. I'm also on OS 5.0, but I don't think that makes a difference.
    04-07-10 11:50 AM
    @ MicaTurtle first off I pay my own bill buddy I'm on a Family plan with my fiance haha its more cost effective so I save money... Isn't that why you said you got a BB What Joke you are before you try & say **** get all the facts
    04-07-10 12:04 PM
    nothing is free the BB isnt free it's just like everything in this world if you want it you have to pay for it...
    04-07-10 12:25 PM
    @ MicaTurtle first off I pay my own bill buddy I'm on a Family plan with my fiance haha its more cost effective so I save money... Isn't that why you said you got a BB What Joke you are before you try & say **** get all the facts
    Wow, your fiance must foot a large part of the bill, as the cheapest you will get for 2 lines with blackberries on both lines with Cingular is around $130. Add $20 for unlimited txting for each line, that's $170. And that's BEFORE the incredibly exuberant fees and taxes. If you're only paying $55, then wow, your fiance must be REALLY nice to be willing to pay for the rest.

Hmm... DJ, I think I will try D/Ling and using beejive. Hmmm...
    04-07-10 01:56 PM
    hahaha oh my god this is too funny you are one special person MicaTurtle
    04-08-10 12:30 PM
    I have to agree with some of the others. I pay too much already and being able to afford more is not the point. The point is everyone is a GD thief anymore and if some of us wanna roll over and take it up the,,,

On the other hand, if a half hour of fooling around to get an app to work will save 20 balloons per month then would it not be smarter for someone who realizes that a phone call is much easier than typing and someone who only sends a few texts a month to figure a better way?

What is it that you do to need 20 dollars of text messages? Chat with people in class?

WTF is it that you think your paying for? Elf's taking the messages from the out-boxes and stuffing them into the in-boxes?

Sounds like ATT is lighting your tires and snorting your money.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 05-23-10 at 07:04 AM.
    05-23-10 06:58 AM
    Try accessing this site from your BB:
    SMSfree
    Hope it helps.
    10-19-12 02:55 PM
    i supposed you are looking for a free text messaging.i would like to recommend www.askimoi.com..i hope that it could be a help for you.
    12-09-13 06:19 AM
    you mean free text version,right? you can use the website of askimoi.com to send free sms.it will allow you to send sms from pc to mobile number.i hope you'll like it.
    12-10-13 12:47 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD