I'm with AT&T and eligible for an upgrade I've had my account for 18 months now, can I get a free bold by upgrading? Will letstalk.com have to run another credit check? Is it really a free bold with a simple upgrade and a 2 year contract resigning?
    07-19-09 06:02 PM
    I just got my Bold through Letstalk.com. It cost me $1. They did not run a new credit check. I haven't received my first bill yet, but no surprises so far and I love my bold. The only catch to the deal was that I had to agree to keep the same plan I had for 6 months which was no big deal for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 10:17 PM
    Yup,
    *I have purchased several phones from Lets Talk and never an Issue.
    Just make sure you keep the plan you signed up with for 6 months as mentioned,
    otherwise it will cost you ETF.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 10:42 PM
    Letstalk is awesome so far. I got a free bold (totally free--no mail in rebates required) for switching from VZW. My Bold has some small defect in the screen though, so I got an RMA number from letstalk today. Time will tell how they handle my exchange...
    07-20-09 11:51 PM
    so if you kept the same plan for say 8 months, then cancelled it, what would happen?
    08-18-09 09:54 PM
    Letstalk is awesome so far. I got a free bold (totally free--no mail in rebates required) for switching from VZW. My Bold has some small defect in the screen though, so I got an RMA number from letstalk today. Time will tell how they handle my exchange...
    They've been dragging their feet on my exchange. How has your turned out?

so if you kept the same plan for say 8 months, then cancelled it, what would happen?
    As long as you keep your plan and features for at least 6 months, you will not face any penalties from Letstalk.com.
    08-19-09 12:48 AM
    would the carrier assess any penalties? This seems like the way to go for me. Free phone, limited contract, could stop it and upgrade phone or change carrier if i had to.
    08-19-09 08:32 AM
    ahh, just called LT and the 6 months is only for Lets talk, after that, any early termination would result in AT&T's ETF. Which, with the $5/month discount wouldnt be too bad. After 1 year, and the dust settles, would be about $110 to cancel if i wanted to change carrier for a different phone.
    08-19-09 09:01 AM
    Yea, I just ordered one from letstalk..I don't mind keeping it for 6months and 110 is not bad at all to cancel it in future..But you can't beat a 399 phone in at&t store for free..I just hope I don't regret turning my sprint 9630 in, but the keyboard is kinda small for me as bold felt better and had no service downstairs.
    08-19-09 11:17 AM
    google "letstalk.com rebate scam" or "letstalk.com scam" to read horror stories.

letstalk.com is good under 2 conditions.

1) the phoen you get is perfect and you dont need an exchange (instead of exchanging it, they will ignore you till you complain with the bbb and threaten to sue them, then , and only then, will they attempt to fix the problem)

2) you dont need a rebate, only get an instant rebate from them. once again, google "letstalk.com rebate scam"

they are not a very good company
    08-20-09 12:16 AM
    Im getting my first BB tomorrow from lets talk and i still have to send in the $99 rebate but i figure if i dont get the $99 back its still worth it for a BB bold.
    08-20-09 01:47 AM
    They are slow but reliable. I have done two transactions with them and one of them was a return. They did what they said but each step took a few days.
    08-20-09 02:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD