Dear all,

Please could someone help me with the following:

I have been trying to access my sent messages from the same account on my blackberry. From reading posts on this site I have found that it is not possible to view sent messages from a desktop on the same account, and in the mailbox (on the same account) on a blackberry.

So I tried forwarding my gmail messages to my .blackberry.com address, now when I send messages from different e-mail accounts the forward feature works fine.

However, when I email from my gmail desktop to the same gmail account (expecting it to be forwarded to the .blackberry.com address), I do not receive the email at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    06-30-09 04:19 PM
    have you tried using the gmail app?
    06-30-09 04:21 PM
    Hey,

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I've used the gmail app, but dislike the fact that the flashing LED doesn't come up, so was wondering if there was anyway to get around the problem.

Regards
    06-30-09 04:31 PM
    ----Try----

Messages > Options > General Options > Display: change Hide Sent Items to "No"

---Or----

If that doesn't work try accessing your carrier's BIS site and add/amend the filter for gmail to forward messages from your name to device.
    Last edited by imdaBold1; 06-30-09 at 07:05 PM.
    06-30-09 07:01 PM
    I've previously tried the second option for my wife's Bold - works like a charm!

----Try----

Messages > Options > General Options > Display: change Hide Sent Items to "No"

---Or----

If that doesn't work try accessing your carrier's BIS site and add/amend the filter for gmail to forward messages from your name to device.
    06-30-09 07:48 PM
    Use the BIS it works like a charm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 08:04 PM
    I appreciate the quick responses. The second option worked great.

Kind regards
    06-30-09 08:11 PM
    you should also give yahoo a shot. i changed email addresses from comcast to gmail. AFTERWARD (it's amazing how many sites a person can log into with their email address) i realized that gmail wasn't 2-way (this was before the upgrade). i'd check email on the BB and it was still unread on the PC and visa versa. So I tried yahoo and it works WONDERFULLY. "WONDERFUL" or not the idea of going back and redoing all those logins was not appealing. So, i fwded all the gmail to yahoo and just use yahoo on my bold. the gmail acct is not set up on the phone. anything i send from my phone i can see on the desktop. deleted on the phone is deleted on the desktop (read emails as well).
    just a suggestion.
    06-30-09 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD