Hey guys newbie BB user here but trust me this issue isn't because of my newbiness!

I have a BB Bold 9700 white. I recently downloaded a couple of apps from appworld and they ran fine.

The thing is my network company is 3 and personally I think they are S*** to be honest. The network keeps going onto 'SOS calls only' alot of the time so I called the company up and they asked me to reboot my BB. After archiving all my apps in appworld I rebooted it and guess what...all the apps disappeared.

Downloaded appworld again to check if they were on it but no luck. They were however on my memory card but the thing is it says it cant open the file. All the files end in '.cod.rem' and they are all 'forward locked' whatever that means. Anyone know what's going on and how to get the apps working again? Thanks guys and gals!
    06-16-10 01:04 PM
    Forward lock is an option companies use to keep you from sharing your purchased items (apps/ringtones etc.) Why they dissapeared I don't know or how you can get them back. There is no known solution to the forward lock that I can find or know of.. But @least now you know what forward lock is~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 01:28 PM
    Thanks for the info Cherryjuice. Much appreciated. It is irritating though that after paying a lump of cash for the apps they just disappear. I'm sure there'll be someone on crackberry who can crack this! Thanks again
    06-16-10 02:01 PM
    Hey guys newbie BB user here but trust me this issue isn't because of my newbiness!

I have a BB Bold 9700 white. I recently downloaded a couple of apps from appworld and they ran fine.

The thing is my network company is 3 and personally I think they are S*** to be honest. The network keeps going onto 'SOS calls only' alot of the time so I called the company up and they asked me to reboot my BB. After archiving all my apps in appworld I rebooted it and guess what...all the apps disappeared.

Downloaded appworld again to check if they were on it but no luck. They were however on my memory card but the thing is it says it cant open the file. All the files end in '.cod.rem' and they are all 'forward locked' whatever that means. Anyone know what's going on and how to get the apps working again? Thanks guys and gals!
    1st, have you tried alt+rst in appworld?
    2nd, the .rem extension means the files are encrypted based on your device and or password, however it is setup. The only way to transfer these files to another device to be accessed is to email or MMS them directly from the device. Its a giant PITA, but you can attach them to an email and send them to yourself, that should remove the encryption and when you need to install them again you can use BBSAK or other similar to push the cods straight to your phone.
    06-16-10 02:32 PM
    Forward lock is an option companies use to keep you from sharing your purchased items (apps/ringtones etc.) Why they dissapeared I don't know or how you can get them back. There is no known solution to the forward lock that I can find or know of.. But @least now you know what forward lock is~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Looking through the apps archived on my sd card, it appears they are all forward locked. I am about to test emailing them to myself and see what happens.
    06-16-10 02:41 PM
    Interesting. Even free things like Youmail, BBM and Twitter are forward locked. What's up with that?
    06-16-10 03:16 PM
    Interesting. Even free things like Youmail, BBM and Twitter are forward locked. What's up with that?
    It is very very odd... Now begins the search for the crack for this form of drm. Someone somewhere has likely beaten it.
    06-16-10 05:57 PM
    I take it your email trick didn't work.
    06-16-10 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD