Or maybe he stole it...put a password on it and forgot his own password already?
    07-21-09 06:27 PM
    Actually I have no idea what my Bold password is. I put it on there but never use it. My phone is always on and does not go into screen lock. If I get locked out Ill have to wipe it. So its very possible
    07-21-09 06:34 PM
    Ok, ok. Let's think about this.

It sucks to pass judgment like this, but in this case it's the best option to assume the phone was stolen or found. Why? Well because let's just say it was stolen or found, not helping to give him any info can possibly protect the person who's phone it originally was.

If it is the OP's phone and they seriously forgot the password, they can take their @ss over to the carrier store (where his/her ownership will be validated) and have them take care of it easily.

So what's the problem? Yes it sucks to automatically come down on this person and assume their a thief or phone hack, but if they aren't then they can get this solved with other measures than logging onto a forum to ask questions.

Crackberry is a very informative place where I get tons of great info from people who know their ish...but it's not the end all be all of blackberry info, especially not something as basic as this.

Before I start I like your civilized answer unlike some users on here.

Why would you not log in to a forum to ask questions? Isnt that what forums are for? People ask questions like " how do I change my ringtone?" and post it on here..why wouldnt they walk over to their carrier store and have them answer the question? This place IS informative no one on here logs on to view pictures only..it's to ask or answer questions..No one needs to comment on this guys post saying he's a thief...after typing the wrong password in 10 times...the phone will tell him he's a thief or a d-bag and wipe the phone lol.

that being said it's nobody's responsibility to tell this guy he's a thief the phone is designed against thieves with the 10 wrong password thing...

I think it's RUDE and really judgmental to accuse people without proof.

Keep in mind that i'm not saying he's not a thief but i'm also not saying he is one also! i'm disputing the fact that people automatically accuse on here and it's just not fair..
    07-21-09 06:47 PM
    Before I start I like your civilized answer unlike some users on here.

Why would you not log in to a forum to ask questions? Isnt that what forums are for? People ask questions like " how do I change my ringtone?" and post it on here..why wouldnt they walk over to their carrier store and have them answer the question? This place IS informative no one on here logs on to view pictures only..it's to ask or answer questions..No one needs to comment on this guys post saying he's a thief...after typing the wrong password in 10 times...the phone will tell him he's a thief or a d-bag and wipe the phone lol.

that being said it's nobody's responsibility to tell this guy he's a thief the phone is designed against thieves with the 10 wrong password thing...

I think it's RUDE and really judgmental to accuse people without proof.

Keep in mind that i'm not saying he's not a thief but i'm also not saying he is one also! i'm disputing the fact that people automatically accuse on here and it's just not fair..
    I'm not saying it's not logical for him/her to log into this forum to get an answer about anything. Asking about ringtones or wallpaper or how to create a BIS account and so on isn't a security issue though.

I understand what you're saying. It's very possible that he or she did actually forget their password. But it just raises a red flag. There was someone else here who posted that they made a password but just never used it and then forgot it, which means they must have disabled the password lock function ( I did this with my previous Curve). And if that's what this person did, then it's not a big deal since they can continue to use the phone without password protecting it. However if a password is something that's seriously needed it would be enabled and used several times a day making it nearly impossible to just forget.

So like I said, I'm not judging this person right off the bat, but I can understand people hesitating to see this as anything other than a stolen phone. It's unfortunate, but it's human nature.
    Last edited by Bittersweet BB; 07-21-09 at 07:38 PM.
    07-21-09 07:36 PM
    No offence but I too have a co worker who had a "blonde" moment at work. She too forgot her password on her 8330 curve to a point where the phone got wiped.

I then had to take her phone home and reinstall the OS for her. Sadly she didn't know what "backing up her info" meant. So all her pics of her newborn baby are gone from her phone...

Its funny how some people perceive CB as a place that can hack into blackberries like "cracking" the code to a safe or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 08:15 PM
    well there is his answer, reinstall the OS hey boostnek9, why didn't you just state that on your first post on this thread, with you being in the IT field and all it seemed like a simple solution eh? or maybe it was because perhaps you too thought in the back of your mind " hey this SOB could have stolen someones phone"
    07-21-09 09:40 PM
    Its totally irrelevant and a waste of time to argue over and over again and expend energy on whether he stole it, found it, or he actually forgot the password. The answer is the same and we are here to help people with BBs not judge (correct me if I'm wrong). No backup? Then no luck. 10 incorrect passwords (default but may be different) and its wiped. End of conversation. No back door into the device is the bottom line. There. That's the answer to your qiestion. Good luck, now move on . Yeah yeah I'm a BES admin as well with thousands of users across several continents. That's doesn't matter either. The answer is the same as the ones given by the non BES Admins. You are simply SOL without the password!

07-22-09 12:04 AM
    well there is his answer, reinstall the OS hey boostnek9, why didn't you just state that on your first post on this thread, with you being in the IT field and all it seemed like a simple solution eh? or maybe it was because perhaps you too thought in the back of your mind " hey this SOB could have stolen someones phone"
    Cause he asked can I recover my password and not, should I reinstall my OS...and being in the IT field I know that an OS reinstall is sorta last resort.
    07-22-09 01:10 PM
    I dont think its so much that people here are passing judgement or quickly labeling him as a theif. I think one of the biggest things to consider is the point of these threads.

If you forget your atm password, what would you do? Go to a forum about banks that isn't affiliated with your bank or branch and ask? Or would you call the bank directly?

What if you forget the code to your house alarm? Do you go online to a forum and ask, or do you call the alarm company?

These forums are wonderful and I love being a part of them, but posters need to ask themselves a question before clicking on the "New Thread" button... and that question is "Is there anyway that someone can legally and efficiently help me solve my problem" .... and when the question is dealing with passwords of any sort, the answer is no.
    07-22-09 01:28 PM
    ..and being in the IT field I know that an OS reinstall is sorta last resort.
    You must be new here, most people install a new OS because the screen is dirty.
    07-22-09 01:34 PM
    I love my Bold!

...just try and steal it! I dare you! Make my day!
    07-22-09 01:42 PM
    To all the morons bashing him for stealing the phone without knowing the actual truth... just shut up.

I work in IT and as previous posters have pointed out, having to remember 30 passwords can be quite troublesome. The CEO of our Canadian Division had me register his BOLD and set it up on the BES...I gave him the BOLD back when it prompted him to create a password. This was at 4:30 one afternoon. At 9pm that same evening, he called requesting our BES team unlock his phone as he has forgotten his password.

So see? It really is that simple. Now if you noticed, I also said he requested our BES team unlock the password. If this phone is in an BES environment, the BES admins should have a remote-unlock feature available to them. If not, a wipe and reactivation is required.

So before you label him a thief (and he very well could be) maybe you should think twice before you post.
    07-22-09 02:01 PM
    I dont think its so much that people here are passing judgement or quickly labeling him as a theif. I think one of the biggest things to consider is the point of these threads.

If you forget your atm password, what would you do? Go to a forum about banks that isn't affiliated with your bank or branch and ask? Or would you call the bank directly?

What if you forget the code to your house alarm? Do you go online to a forum and ask, or do you call the alarm company?

These forums are wonderful and I love being a part of them, but posters need to ask themselves a question before clicking on the "New Thread" button... and that question is "Is there anyway that someone can legally and efficiently help me solve my problem" .... and when the question is dealing with passwords of any sort, the answer is no.
    LOL dude.. were talking a cell phone here! why in the world would you compare it to your atm PIN or your house alarm like honnestly c'mon! you just compared dump trucks to rabbits
    07-22-09 02:14 PM
    Yea.....my advice is give it back to who you stole it from. People like you make me sick!! You need to be hit with a homie don't play that sock!!!
    Last edited by Nyce-Daytona; 07-22-09 at 02:51 PM.
    07-22-09 02:37 PM
    Bicker bicker bicker
    07-22-09 02:52 PM
    LOL dude.. were talking a cell phone here! why in the world would you compare it to your atm PIN or your house alarm like honnestly c'mon! you just compared dump trucks to rabbits
    Im guessing you only use your cell phone to play games and keep tab of facebook buddies, but some of us have work related information in our phone. I dont know about you, but to me a password is a password is a password. Moral of my story is that no one in these forums can help a user recover a password from their device, go to the source (aka provider) and have them help you.
    07-22-09 03:28 PM
    Im guessing you only use your cell phone to play games and keep tab of facebook buddies, but some of us have work related information in our phone. I dont know about you, but to me a password is a password is a password. Moral of my story is that no one in these forums can help a user recover a password from their device, go to the source (aka provider) and have them help you.
    you're right!!!! how come I dont have you on my facebook!?!?!?!?!?
    so if that's the moral of your story why not just say: " Go to your provider, they will be happy to help you"?

A password IS a password IS a password and to forget a password IS to forget a password IS to forget a password.
    07-22-09 03:53 PM
    Ok ok let's just settle this. To the OP. If it is your phone and you truley have lost your pw then do an OS re-install and back up your phone from a previous date.

07-22-09 03:57 PM
    I would just like to clear things up a little, Ihaven t had my phone for long and i also have short term memory problems! Luckily my Partner, who has just come home, knows my password and that sorted that! I would also like to mention I ve just signed up to the Crackberry forums and this is my first post and probably my last after such nasty remarks!
    12-07-09 01:12 PM
    See? This is why we can't have nice things!

12-07-09 09:09 PM
    See? This is why we can't have nice things!

I was all set to get all preachy and then I get to this last post and almost woke my wife up with my laughing. Thanks for lightening the tone in a very ugly thread.

And for the record, anyone that's worked in tech support (ESPECIALLY one with a strict BES) knows that 80% of your job is resetting passwords. I've even wiped one of my old phones with 10 wrong guesses, because I wasn't about to even try to remember the password on my old pearl after a year and-a-half and 3 BBs later.

Since it wipes after 10 incorrect guesses, whether the person asking is a thief or not, why not just answer with that info, instead accusing and making us all look bad?

12-08-09 12:04 AM
    Why is everyone talking about using the password every hour? I set my password the day i got my Bold and haven't used it since.

The truth is the majority of the time someone comes on these forums with this particular problem, the most likely answer is that they've found or stolen a BB. Simple truth, not nasty to accuse IMO. The fact that the OP bailed out of the thread early on is a good sign that he/she is trying to unlock a BB that doesn't belong to them. The other sign is that the OP had no other post.
    12-08-09 07:19 AM
    Why is everyone talking about using the password every hour? I set my password the day i got my Bold and haven't used it since.

The truth is the majority of the time someone comes on these forums with this particular problem, the most likely answer is that they've found or stolen a BB. Simple truth, not nasty to accuse IMO. The fact that the OP bailed out of the thread early on is a good sign that he/she is trying to unlock a BB that doesn't belong to them. The other sign is that the OP had
    no other post
    Perhaps, but just consider for a sec what the question was:
    i forgott my password for blackberry 9000.whats happen next
    The 1st response was excellent - as it was brief, on target, and informative.
    You get 10 tries to unlock it or else all the information on the phone will be erased.

Hopefully you backed up the information on your computer.
    Optimist that I am, I'd like to think that they got their answer, like or not, and have moved on with life. With any luck they never returned to see the international response to an innocent question. I know this is crackberry, but maybe some of us should take a chill pill or something.
    12-08-09 09:22 AM
    Well I have the right to be cynical, as long as I'm not rude.
    12-08-09 02:24 PM
    how to change password of my blackberry 9000
    07-07-13 11:18 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD