I used earphones to play media once, then when I tried to make or receive calls this headset looking icon keeps flashing up even though I dont use one. When the call connects I cant hear them and they cant hear me. It started off being like distorted and cutting out now we cant hear at all! i tried battery pulls, reloading OS, trying different chips, deleting bluetooth devices with the same symbol, playing with audio enhancement, speaker phone, nothing improves please help!!

Oh yeah the headset icon alternates with two arrows going opposite directions during the call what does all this crap mean? The trackpad was playing up before then sorted itself out, is this phone on its way out? I've had it since November
    06-19-10 10:30 AM
    Don't see where you are from or what your Provider is, but you might think about getting a new SIM card from your Provider.
    06-19-10 10:41 AM
    I'm from London on T-Mobile and I said in the post I tried SIMs. Tried this one in another phone no problems. Tried another Sim that worked fine in another phone in my bb 9700, same problem. As the OS was reinstalled I remember it working OK till I reinstalled my data then the problem resurfaced so I think its some sort of setting but I cant find it anywhere!
    06-19-10 10:51 AM
    Different chips... SIM Card... maybe the same, but not what I was reading.

You say it was ok till you reinstalled your data... that would tell me that there is something in your settings (data backup's contain both data and settings for your device)... maybe you should consider doing a factory wipe, then only reloading your address book, calendar and a few select items, but not any device specific settings. You can do that in DM > Backup/Restore > Advanced > load the backup file and only restore just the databases of those items... then over time restore other databases until you figure which ones are causing your problem. In other words, do some trouble shooting... it sounds like you already know what the problem is... your backup.
    06-19-10 11:01 AM
    No no no I had this problem...its a tiny flake of metal or scratch inside headset that causes short circuit...basicly you need a new one...I did and as far as I'm aware they can't fix it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 11:08 AM
    Yeah I had same problem trouble. but now it is fixed, I just plugged my earphones and it solved it
    06-19-10 12:30 PM
    I read this in another post and it worked for me as well: simply plug/unplug your headset or headphones very quickly. That did the trick for me, might work for you as well. Good luck :^)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 08:39 PM
    Yea definately a RIM related bug. I had this same issue a few weeks ago. Followed some post on here to resolve the issue. I'm sure the problem is still there, its temporarily fixed.
    06-22-10 04:57 PM
    Just had the same problem. When I plugged in my hands free, I heard music playing. Thought it was Pandora but it wasn't. What it WAS was the music demo playing. I shut the demo down and voila, problem solved.

. . . and I could never find the flashing icons in the literature.

Your device is fine.
    07-09-10 12:48 AM
    i cant hear the caller but i dont have the flashig headset icon or anything like that please help me
    05-31-13 10:35 AM
    Headset port is bad, you'll need to replace that part, or have a replacement bold 9700 ordered.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-09-13 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD