I just noticed that the plastic/glass lens on my 9700's flash is cracked in 4 places. Picture quality is not affected because the flash still works, but I was wondering if there is a way to replace it. It seems like an easy repair if I can find the part, but I have been unable to find a replacement part for it online. I am still a week before my 30 day return window expires with AT&T, but I am unsure if they would take it back without charging me. Any suggestions?
    01-13-10 06:37 PM
    Call and ask. That's what I would do. And buy a otterbox defender case to protect it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 06:51 PM
    Without question take it back...it is not an easy repair...it requires opening your device and voiding your warranty and replacing your midplate if you can find one

01-13-10 06:58 PM
    I was using the Seidio case which I liked since it was not bulky, but it doesn't cover the camera area, so I will check that out the Otterbox defender one.
    01-13-10 07:04 PM
    at least on the bold 9000, the flash lens was just stuck on with some clear double sided tape around the edges. I know because I replaced my midplate due to a bad cam button and the replacement midplate had a scratch on the flash lens. I swapped them by lifting the lens off gently with an xacto blade.
    01-13-10 07:16 PM
    I did the same thing so I purchased a new midplate from sw box. Took me about 10 to 15 minutes to repair but its as good as new.

01-14-10 07:31 AM
    Hi, how exactly did you remove, and put back the flash? Please reply as soon as you can. Thanks!
    03-07-13 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD