okay, so I've got mine somewhat apart. . . I've got the circuit pad looking thing lifted, although not all the way off. I see little foam squares all over. Not white like in the pics. Am I on the worong side? I see the clip things that are holding the bezel of the trackpad, but cannot see how to get them off. WOuld hate to have come this far and be foiled . . .HELP. Thanks, Shelby
    07-31-10 08:16 AM
    well, got it off finally and put back together! Fixed and working perfectly. Woo Hoo!
    07-31-10 01:14 PM
    So I pulled the trigger yesterday and did it. I'm happy with the outcome but there is still a very slight slant but no where near what it used to be. I'm just wondering, when you put the tape underneath the trackpad did you put it over the little foam square sticking up or just to the left of it?
    08-05-10 12:19 PM
    I did it how RegE did. I put the tape over the entire area, including the foam.
    08-05-10 12:24 PM
    I did it how RegE did. I put the tape over the entire area, including the foam.
    Gotcha. and you have a completely flat trackpad I take it?
    08-05-10 12:56 PM
    Yup. I actually used two pieces of tape, but it felt a little too firm. I should have opted for one, but am not going to open it again as it's softening with use.
    08-05-10 03:11 PM
    1) you're a brave man;
    2) doesn't that void your warranty?
    08-06-10 08:34 AM
    1) you're a brave man;
    2) doesn't that void your warranty?
    Yeah warranty is void if you take it apart. But I bought mine from a third party so it was void on transaction.
    08-06-10 10:37 AM
    I thought this was both interesting, and kind of funny.... I was in an AT&T store last night, checking out the Touch 9800, and I picked up the Bold 9700. It had the slanted trackpad too, but to the left, not right (left was lower)! Guess they can't get it right on any "Bold" phone.
    08-09-10 12:15 PM
    I thought this was both interesting, and kind of funny.... I was in an AT&T store last night, checking out the Touch 9800, and I picked up the Bold 9700. It had the slanted trackpad too, but to the left, not right (left was lower)! Guess they can't get it right on any "Bold" phone.
    What are your honest opinions on the torch?
    08-09-10 12:28 PM
    I couldn't get my hands on it. They had it locked in the display pedestal, and they were too busy to open it up (I didn't want to wait). But after looking at it, it does look very nice. But I'm wondering if the novelty of the slider would wear off quickly. Meaning, every time you reply to an email, text, etc, you have to slide it open unless you use the software keyboard. I think that might get tiresome after a while, vs just having the keyboard right there. I really need to try it. Volume of email/messaging that you do would obviously be a factor here. When using a BB for work, for me, that means a lot.
    08-09-10 12:30 PM
    Does this fix raise the bezel around the trackpad? The reason I ask is that I don't mind the crookedness of the trackpad, but it does bother when my thumb is coming from the side and I hit the edge. I feel as through I lift the trackpad just a tad, and with time it will wear it down. If the trackpad is more recessed my thumb feels smooth going over the trackpad giving me a feeling of more confidence in the device. Hope this makes sense.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 01:57 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but what it did to mine was brought the trackpad even and slightly above the rest of the buttons. Made it much more usable.
    08-16-10 07:54 AM
    The bezel around the trackpad will also be lifted with the trackpad. The right edge of my trackpad is slightly recessed and just barely lower than the escape button next to it, making it hard to actually use the extreme right edge of the trackpad.
    08-16-10 09:17 AM
    hey is the BEZEL replaceable...........ive had my bold 9650 for about 2 months and the bezel's finish is starting to rub off...........anyone?
    08-16-10 09:35 AM
    Good question, may have to replace the entire trackpad?
    08-16-10 09:42 AM
    well i gotta take my phone to sprint for the trackpad cause ive never taken my device apart yet......is your bezel wearing off too???????
    08-16-10 09:48 AM
    No wear showing at all on my phone anywhere, trackpad, keypad or elsewhere. Others here have posted problems with paint flaking off some of their keys and even flaking of the trackpad itself, but not on mine or any others that I have seen personally.
    08-16-10 09:58 AM
    My new one, about 2 weeks old now. It fine.

But yes I had a chippy trackpad before.
    08-16-10 10:01 AM
    yea no, my phone is great.......no paint flaking or what not but the bezel just has a little bit of wear.........u know what ever since i got this device man i've oggten so picky about it.........i dunno i know it sounds kinda ******** but i cant help it sumtimes.....LOL......i'll see what sprint says but i know they wont replace it if needed.........thanks guys
    08-16-10 10:20 AM
    Sorry, since the "bezel" is really just the edge of the trackpad, I wasn't following. It's all one piece, so yes it will lift as well.

Mine is starting to get rough on the left edge, but I'm so fed up with the little issues with the trackpad, I'm just living with it. More important things in life now.
    08-16-10 02:28 PM
    Is it just me, or are Verizon flagship Blackberries manufactured with less aesthetic appeal, and more little issues?
    Issues that include:
    9650 Bolds having a crooked trackpad (mine has one)
    9650 Bolds having a depressed screen (mine is, dust collects there like crazy)
    9650 Bolds and 9630 Tours having that little unnecessary bar in between the screen and the Send, End, BB button, and trackpad row.
    9630 Tours having insane amounts of light leak through the keyboard (mine did)

My sister has an AT&T Bold 9700, and it just feels like a more solid, well thought out device. There is no bar under the screen, no crooked trackpad, and no light leak (the keys feel perky and tightly placed).

Where's the love for Verizon.
    08-20-10 09:48 PM
    I played with an ATT Torch at work yesterday and it's trackpad is microscopically tilted the same as my Sprint 9650 Bold. For me, no big deal, but I am sure it might be an issue for some more anal than I am.
    08-21-10 06:07 AM
    Well, I happen to be at the Mall today and saw an AT&T store. I wanted to see the new Torch and since no one else was looking at it I was able to play. Then I thought - what's its trackpad like. It was just very slighly lower on the left side. You would not notice it if you weren't looking for it.

Just thought folks might be interested in that fact.

(oh, well, I actually did not notice the post above mine!!! Sorry, but I guess I can confirm the other observation).
    08-26-10 10:43 PM
    I played with one today as well. The trackpad was perfect. Slightly raised all around. But I didn't care for the balance of the device when using the physical keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 12:58 PM
252 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD