how long are you suppose to charge a new phone? and also i've read that facebook app will drain your battery fast, is it true?
    12-18-09 12:03 AM
    i have no problems with the facebook app draining my battery, any app will drain your battery if you dont close the app properly

hold the blackberry button to see whats open and if anything other than the core ones are open close them or they will hurt your battery life slightly.

for charging its a lithium ion battery with a sensor chip in it, you can leave it on the charger as long as you want and once it hits 100% it stops it, you can confirm this by looking at the battery icon on your home screen it will have like a lightning bolt thru it when its charging but when it hits 100% it will go away signifying its not charging anymore, with that being said i wouldnt leave it on the charger more than it really has to be, i toss it on over night when it needs a charge and take it off in the morning, done that with every blackberry ive owned and its never been a problem
    12-18-09 12:14 AM
    so for the first charge, i can just unplug it after its fully charged? people were telling me to leave it for 5+ hours
    12-18-09 12:25 AM
    The type of battery that it is - it doesn't have a 'memory' per se like other batteries - I could be wrong about this and confusing it with my HPX2000 camera batteries though, it is 1:30am after all.
    12-18-09 12:29 AM
    Any apps that pull in updates from the internet can be a drain on the battery. Facebook might be in that category, however the battery in the 9700 is excellent so I would not worry about it too much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 12:33 AM
    okay cool, i wont have to worry bout facebook app. is okay to use the phone when it gets to 100% or should i wait a couple hours since its new?
    12-18-09 12:35 AM
    When you buy a BB, 9 times out of 10 they already come with anywhere from a 30%-50% charge right out of the box, they're pre-charged per se - so when you get it home for the first time, only plugging it in for an hour vs a full charge for however long that would take, would really make no difference. Obliviously if you only charge it for an hour, it wont last as long as a full charge would, but you don't have to worry about making the first charge a full one, it won't affect it for future charges.
    12-18-09 12:39 AM
    it has no memory so you can do whatever you like, personally when i toss it ont he charger i liek to let it charge fully before i pull it off, but this battery is so good that i only have to toss it int he charging pod once every 2 days
    12-18-09 12:39 AM
    okay cool. thanks. time to play with my first blackberry
    12-18-09 12:41 AM
    Just make it a habit of pressing menu- close after doing any task.
    9/10 you'll be more than fine battery wise.

Welcome! You'll love it
    12-18-09 05:28 AM
    okay cool, i wont have to worry bout facebook app. is okay to use the phone when it gets to 100% or should i wait a couple hours since its new?
    You need to relax and just use your phone!

Nothing you can do to greatly make your battery last longer or less. I have had many and the L-Ion battery is about trouble free. Just drop it in the charger pod while you sleep and enjoy!

So many get so uptight that it ruins the fun of having a decent phone!
    12-18-09 05:56 AM
    Just dont let a L-Ion battery run ALL the way down... It would be hard to do with the phone... but if the battery is low and you keep turning it on and using it even after it shuts off...you could cause damage. But running it down to 0% is about the only way you can hurt the L-Ion batteries!!
    12-18-09 09:08 AM
    any apps that i should know about that run in the background and drain the battery? other then the weather and map apps?
    12-18-09 06:09 PM
    Twitter, possibly FB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 06:53 PM
    hmm guess i should uninstall fb hah
    12-18-09 06:57 PM
    I've just got my replacement 9700 and it's been on charge for five hours, think I should take it off now?

My other 9700 didn't get a 'first charge' I used the power in the battery which it came with and charged it after that and had no problems with it, the battery life was still fantastic but I am obsessing over this one.
    06-22-10 11:06 AM
    I have heard people suggest two hours after full charge, but IMO these new batteries are fine as long as you dont run them all the way down.
    06-22-10 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD