To me this seems low as well. Is this going to be an issue?
    There is probably things in the phone people could do without, so I'm sure you could get atleast 200+ mb out of the phone if you shrink the OS when you update it.

Can't wait until Sasktel gets these!! Thanks Kevin for the unboxing video!
    08-10-11 08:45 AM
    Let me pause to wipe the drool. lol. Lucky! How does it compare in speed to the 9780? Is OS 7 a major improvement? What are the graphics like? Bah, I wish I could afford an upgrade. So jealous!
    There is no comparison to be made; it literally feels completely different. Between that and the hardware, zero lag, better touch screen than the iPhone 4...

It feels like you're holding the future haha

How do you like that, 'BBOS is outdated' iPhans?
    08-10-11 08:52 AM
    Love it!!

i'll post some Minor annoyances for ME:

- keyboard is a little nosier then my torch and 9700 (but since the size and typing is amazing i don't really care, just can't type at night while the wife is sleeping)

- the plastic piece with the trackpad that meets the bottom of the screen has a sharper cut then the 9700 so when scrolling i feel my thumb grazing the edge and there is already dead skin collecting.

- gotta get use to the sleep button being in the middle

- i will miss autofocus a little

again these are minor annoyance for me

here is a picture taken:

For those of you that think it's too wide (maybe for the ladies out there) i bought it for my wife as well.. she had the 9700 and didn't want the 9900 cause she said it was too wide...

GUESS WHAT? she LOVES IT.. she says it feels very nice and it;s light weight and thin and the keyboard is amazing and she can type faster..
    08-10-11 09:03 AM
    Girls always love it wide whether they say so or not.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    08-10-11 09:12 AM
    Girls always love it wide whether they say so or not.
    puhaha dirt!
    08-10-11 09:19 AM
    I bet all the major blogs (including Crackberry) have had review units and a review written up for a few days now and are waiting for the embargo date to be lifted to publish. Chances are the embargo date is official launch day.
    I found an good review on Tracy and Matt which is a rather major tech blog in the UK. They also have a podcast where I hope they will discuss the review soon.

Se this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-seen-636749/

/K
    08-10-11 09:52 AM
    Love it!!

i'll post some Minor annoyances for ME:

- keyboard is a little nosier then my torch and 9700 (but since the size and typing is amazing i don't really care, just can't type at night while the wife is sleeping)

- the plastic piece with the trackpad that meets the bottom of the screen has a sharper cut then the 9700 so when scrolling i feel my thumb grazing the edge and there is already dead skin collecting.

- gotta get use to the sleep button being in the middle

- i will miss autofocus a little

again these are minor annoyance for me

I agree about the plastic frets at the bottom of the trackpad where the keys start. Your thumb really feels it.

I found the speaker on my 9780 to be louder but more distorted than the 9900.

And I noticed it get a little hot. (After about 20 minutes, it seemed pretty warm).

However... those critiques aside:

+ great screen... Bright, sharp and bigger... you really notice it on certain things like watching a YouTube video. It's noticeable larger and, likely due to the better processor, you get a higher resolution video.

+ touchscreen is great. No complaints... responsive and clicks on what you want (something I found my Torch never wanted to do).

+ keyboard is much easier to type on though it does feel more plastic-y.

+ great hardware, light and feels great.

+ oh yeah... boot time. SUPER fast. Couldn't believe it took about 20-30 seconds first time I started it up. Guess I'll see how fast it stays with some apps installed.

But to add some other critiques:

- while the camera has an image stabilization mode, some quick test weren't that great for close up shots even though it has a macro mode so I think you do miss out on the lack of auto-focus. (Not an in depth test though so I'd follow the advice of someone who gives you real world samples rather than my opinion).

- browser faster but not as fast as expected, but that could be due to coverage issues...

- and speaking about coverage issues... Rogers sucks donkey balls... I'm sitting here with my 9900 with and SOS coverage. Sometimes I get H+ but I'm really not impressed. This has nothing to do with the 9900 though. I've realized most of the frustration with my 9780 was due to Rogers and not the 9780 since I've been setting up my aunt's 9800 which is on Telus and runs great. I'll be returning my Rogers 9900 to get it on Telus (or maybe the 9850 as I've still haven't made up my mind) but I wanted to make sure it wasn't just my 9780 that would give me problems with Rogers.

Anyways... still playing. Hope the 9850 comes out soon so I can try that one next so I can make my final choice.
    08-10-11 11:31 AM
    For anyone that went from the torch to the 9900---is it difficult to get used to the smaller screen? DOes it seem like a big difference?
    08-10-11 11:40 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD