Hello all,

I can't believe how Rogers has screwed up my first experience with them and a new activation.

The CSR which I spoke to completely messed up my purchase and plans and porting. Nothing was added to my account and I was charged full price 399$ than what was agreed upon verbally for the Bold 249$ . Even the proof of purchase in the box is different from what my account had .

This morning I called and asked to speak to a manager and settled at least the plan details and now only the phone price is supposed to be resolved by the same CSR via an internal memo to call me back.

Soooooo dissapointed and I was about to cancel everything. I better get an answer very soon.

Any ideas on what the **** happened or was I just lied to ?

thx
    08-31-08 09:40 AM
    399 isn't full price.
    08-31-08 09:45 AM
    It is when I sign for 3 years !

Actually the local dealer had it for 299$ and I called Rogers to see if they can match and take off the Act.fee.

They matched and better and no act.fee. , so they screwed up somewhere and still charged me 399$.

Investigating...and the CSR is supposed to call me back
    08-31-08 02:18 PM
    good luck getting that return call. Every time a CSR tells me they will call me back they never end up doing so. Then I call back and there is no indication that someone was supposed to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 04:26 PM
    Ahh well... I am given that person till tuesday and then I will terminate my newly opened 30min/30day contract with my bold.
    That will probably teach them along with a complaint.
    08-31-08 08:14 PM
    Call retention and speak to them to fix this issue. I had the exact same thing happen to me where I was porting my Fido plan over to Rogers. The CSR promised me everything would be ok and then first bill came in and it was like 70 dollars instead of 25. I spoke to retention and they said on new activations they can't give you special plans but she will fix it for me this time cause I have other lines with Rogers for 3+ years.
    08-31-08 09:14 PM
    Be calm. Breathe.

Call *611
    Say "Cancel service" and go straight to customer retentions. Explain your issue calmly, and then see what they say.
    08-31-08 09:33 PM
    Well this is a different situation where the CSR confirmed that she gave me the phone at a certain price but then I got billed the default price. So somewhere along the way something got messed up or she just blaintly LIED to me just to get the sale.
    08-31-08 09:34 PM
    Be calm. Breathe.

Call *611
    Say "Cancel service" and go straight to customer retentions. Explain your issue calmly, and then see what they say.
    Breathing now ...Will do
    But i'm waiting till Tuesday and if CSR calls me back.

Thanks for the tips in this bizarre but certainly not unique situation
    08-31-08 09:36 PM
    Ahh well... I am given that person till tuesday and then I will terminate my newly opened 30min/30day contract with my bold.
    That will probably teach them along with a complaint.
    30min a day? Is that a typo?
    08-31-08 09:40 PM
    yeah it's 30min voice usage max ( not a day )and 30 day cancellation policy
    08-31-08 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD