Man would I love to have a job at RIM these days.
    I think everyone would. But even not all those employees have the latest and greatest. Cause again there's always another better device in the making. Can never get a head these days!
    05-30-09 09:31 PM
    This is true, but to be an insider right now would be so amazing.
    05-30-09 09:33 PM
    I prefer the Onyx over the 9630. For many different reasons. Size, looks, speed, wifi, voice and data, just to name a few.
    As far as which one you should get? I would check coverage maps in your area and talk to people in your area about both carriers and see who's service is best in your area. As all areas are different.

Let me say this to you and everyone else, as a good buddy(insider) and I were just talking about(new devices), the next 12 months is going to be absolutely unbelievable for RIM!! There is so much in the pipeline it's going to knock people's socks off!
    Thanks Crucial for this info. The ONYX really does seem like the perfect BlackBerry. It sounds like it has everything!

Decisions, decisions... And you say there are even more BBs coming. I don't know if my heart can stand it. But what a way to go!

- CB

KEEP ON CRACKIN'
    05-31-09 03:31 AM
    This is true, but to be an insider right now would be so amazing.
    It's not all it's cracked up to be. I will say there are quite a few new models nobody is talking about. They obviously don't know their names, but there are quite a few!! Again, the next 12 months for RIM is going to be amazing.

Thanks Crucial for this info. The ONYX really does seem like the perfect BlackBerry. It sounds like it has everything!

Decisions, decisions... And you say there are even more BBs coming. I don't know if my heart can stand it. But what a way to go!

- CB

KEEP ON CRACKIN'
    I would suggest getting what you like when it comes out. Then make plans to possibly get something newer if you want when it comes out. But never wait on the perfect device. There's always something better around the corner.
    05-31-09 06:56 AM
    When I read about the Tour not having voice and data it was a major turn off.
    Just understand that the Tour won't have voice and data because it is a CDMA device. Anytime you hear of a new phone that is for CDMA, you automatically know that it won't have voice and data. Now, if you use the Tour internationally, and you have access to hsdpa, then you can use voice and data at that time.
    05-31-09 11:23 PM
    Oh, you're in ATL, so yes AT&T has good service there. I would suggest getting the Onyx. It has better specs than the Tour, and IMHO looks better. Again, with the Onyx, you can use voice and data, which is a MAJOR plus in my book. Not to mention AT&T is in the process of upgrading it's network to HSPA + which is 7.2Mbps. Very nice.
    Don't get me wrong, the Tour is a nice device. Very good, but the pros of the Onyx outweigh those of the 9630 and that is why I suggest getting it.
    I have pretty good AT & T coverage in Southern California on my Bold. So, I take it that the Onyx will utilize HSPA +. Will the Bold also be able to do HSPA + ?
    06-02-09 04:27 PM
    i hope at&t get this phone...looking forward to playing with it at work...
    06-02-09 05:48 PM
    onyx of curve? lol. stupid question.ahah
    06-03-09 10:39 AM
    IMHO the phone looks sleek and the notion that the Onyx "has it all" is great, but then again, if the only improvement the Onyx has over the Bold is sleekness and a better camera, then I'm sorry but I'm not too impressed. As far as overall functionality and more importantly the processor and OS, the Onyx has to surpass the Bold for me to even consider upgrading to it. I only upgrade once every two years (these devices are not cheap after all), and at the moment, I'm pretty satisfied with my Bold. Just putting in my two cents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by 702baby; 06-08-09 at 02:30 AM.
    06-08-09 02:26 AM
    IMHO the phone looks sleek and the notion that the Onyx "has it all" is great, but then again, if the only improvement the Onyx has over the Bold is sleekness and a better camera, then I'm sorry but I'm not too impressed. As far as overall functionality and more importantly the processor and OS, the Onyx has to surpass the Bold for me to even consider upgrading to it. I only upgrade once every two years (these devices are not cheap after all), and at the moment, I'm pretty satisfied with my Bold. Just putting in my two cents.

The upgraded memory is a nice addition but I do agree with you though it needs to add some definite oomph over the Bold but again I keeping saying hearing that if CX is retiring his Bold for it than the Onyx must have something awesome over the Bold. This is going to be my next bb unless I see something drastically more shizzle than the Onyx announced.
    06-08-09 05:09 AM
    The "Driftwood" will be basically an identical device, just with a different radio for T-Mobile 3G, correct?
    06-08-09 11:46 AM
    I'd still like to see the official band coverage for the Onyx or at least something a little more fixed for us Europeans :-p
    06-08-09 02:13 PM
    I'd still like to see the official band coverage for the Onyx or at least something a little more fixed for us Europeans :-p
    i really want to see a uk release date!
    06-09-09 02:39 PM
    sweet review. I want one
    06-09-09 08:50 PM
    cx-many have commented that this has a very cheap design. What you think? Does the bold beat it in that respect?
    06-09-09 10:54 PM
    Great first review. Thank you Kevin for that, the great pictures and the video!
    06-10-09 12:40 AM
    Well, I'll check it out after it's available and if I don't get that excited about it, I'll wait on additional BlackBerry releases.
    06-10-09 12:44 AM
    Oh I think it's so sweet looking. I just might have to upgrade from my newish (and adored) 8900 and pass it onto my gf.

06-10-09 01:12 AM
    Oh, you're in ATL, so yes AT&T has good service there. I would suggest getting the Onyx. It has better specs than the Tour, and IMHO looks better. Again, with the Onyx, you can use voice and data, which is a MAJOR plus in my book. Not to mention AT&T is in the process of upgrading it's network to HSPA + which is 7.2Mbps. Very nice.
    Don't get me wrong, the Tour is a nice device. Very good, but the pros of the Onyx outweigh those of the 9630 and that is why I suggest getting it.
    Does that mean the onyx will support 7.2 mbps unlike the bold?

06-10-09 03:50 AM

Man I hope so that would be legen-DARY

06-10-09 04:41 AM
    The "Driftwood" will be basically an identical device, just with a different radio for T-Mobile 3G, correct?

I hope so because I'm in LOVE with this BB! It's so sleek and I like that the size is closer to the Curve 8900.
    06-10-09 11:07 AM

This is the question that I asked, but didn't get a response. I see where the Iphone 3GS supports 7.2 mbps.
    06-12-09 03:15 PM
    This is the question that I asked, but didn't get a response. I see where the Iphone 3GS supports 7.2 mbps.
    Yes supposedly it will support speeds up to 7.2 mbps

06-12-09 04:32 PM
    After a brief visit with V. and a return to A, I realized how important voice plus data is to me. I'm also in Atlanta, and up until moving to A. three years ago, I had a long and pleasant relationship with T. SO I have quickly moved from the Tour forums to here.

Now my question is, ... well, PRACTICALLY (and relatively) what does 7.2 mbps mean? I am assuming T. won't have that. I never did use extensive data with T, so I'm not even sure what the current data differences between A. and T. are. I'm not under contract, but can't upgrade with A. till the end of September. (which is probably irrelevant because Onyx doesn't appear to be coming to A. before then) I've tried searching but frankly I don't even know what to look for to find this answer. So, Folks (and C_X who seems to be familiar not only with the hardware, but with Atlanta coverage as well), recommendations? Advice? Complaints or Acclamations?

(then again, with a third of a year to decide it's not exactly urgent....)

Thanks!
    06-13-09 03:01 AM
    this device looks a must have day by day. but there will be quite a few berries releasing in the market. therefore, my options will be wide open. magnum/pluto can try to surpass the onyx. who knows. we will see what happens.
    06-13-09 03:07 AM
142 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD