Of course Kevin did it again. Check it out here--> BlackBerry Onyx Review - First Impressions | CrackBerry.com

And post your thoughts below.
    The BlackBerry Onyx seems like a cool device, but I have a couple of issues with it. I currently have a BlackBerry Bold. I love it. It is by far the best device I have ever owned. I am really big on BBs, but since the Bold came out last year, there hasn't been another BB that had surpassed it. Looking at the hardware and the projected software, it loos like the Onyx will be a small upgrade. I am waiting for the offcial 5.0 update and the Bold will be better than the newer BBs yet to be released. The only area that seems to be lacking with the Bold is the camera. But the much bigger screen and keyboard more than compensates for the camera's shortcomings. Furthermore, there hasn't been a BB that is more solidly built and elegant as the Bold. I'm looking for a real replacement for my Bold when the time comes. The onyx doesn't seem like a real replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 11:24 AM
    USB port looks different.
    06-20-09 10:28 AM
    Can't wait for the onxy, now thinking ahead of things, since it wll have a TRACK PAD now, wont the size change? I love my bold a lot i hope the size changes and the keyboard looks like the bold. This will be great!!!!!
    06-21-09 09:13 PM
    is the trackpad confirmed?
    last i heard theres 2 different sources, but that doesnt mean it will surely have it?
    06-21-09 09:17 PM
    I have an onxy in hands. It is with track ball. Black one.

Cheers
    06-26-09 11:54 AM
    is the trackpad confirmed?
    last i heard theres 2 different sources, but that doesnt mean it will surely have it?
    Kevin said there is another version with a trackpad instead of a trackball that they saw. It makes sense as many Bold users feel that the current version would just be a minor upgrade to the Bold if they left as is and wouldn't compel a lot of Bold users to upgrade. But if it does get released with the trackpad which would force them to increase the size of the keyboard i would def take a serious look at it.
    06-26-09 02:01 PM
    I'm looking closely at this one. It looks like a better physical build, than my Bold. I love my Bold, but the janky battery cover gives me the blues sometimes, and I'd love to have even more memory

I don't care about the camera...I never look at camera specs. The size is right between the 9000 and the 8900? Good deal.

However, I will wait and see. If I have to shell out an estimated $600 for an Onyx (with no contract), it must TRULY surpass the Bold (which will be hard to do...it's almost perfect), or I'm staying where I am.
    06-30-09 01:49 PM
    I agree with both of you. I may change my mind, but, I want more than just an upgrade. This is my multimedia device away from my laptops while in the field(work), personal businesses, and a lot more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 02:44 PM
    I'm hoping it is sized more closely to the 8900. The one thing holding me back from upgrading to the Bold is it's size; too big for my taste.

Otherwise, the Onyx looks awesome! Can't wait till it hits store, whenever that is.
    06-30-09 05:27 PM
    Well the vids say that the shape is nearly the same.

BTW: The black design shift is nice imo
    06-30-09 05:33 PM
    looks good but ill have to hold it in my hands before i make the decision to jump on it
    07-04-09 01:08 PM
    After taking back my 8900 due to coverage issues, I was all set to get another one w/ a different carrier - now I will wait for the Onyx/Driftwood. Looks like it has the best of everything I am looking for.
    07-08-09 03:45 PM
    Pad or ball..? That's the question.
    08-02-09 10:12 PM
    will this come out for verizon?
    08-02-09 11:50 PM
    It's a GSM device so no Verizon.
    08-03-09 12:40 AM
    My mouth waters everytime i see a Onyx video...
    08-03-09 12:21 PM
    <3 it. Definitely getting one if they have the trackpad.
    08-08-09 11:34 AM
142 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD