This cannot come out soon enough!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-25-09 01:07 AM
    Funny thing. little over a year ago CX was using the 8900 and raving about it. And I looked forward to it. And I bought it. And, coming from an 8100, I was pleased as could be. I think I'll have to wait and pass these by so I can make a more substantial leap in Berryiness. But when CX says he's retired the Bold...

05-25-09 02:13 AM
    So the BlackBerry Onyx is going to AT&T ? i thought it has UMA, i dint think AT&T had UMA ? im lost someone help..lol
    05-25-09 12:54 PM
    I hope this comes out soon, Im due for an upgrade! lol
    05-25-09 01:09 PM
    Cant wait to see this one
    05-25-09 02:30 PM
    I can't wait to try this out I'm saving up my upgrade for this bad boy will go nicely with my bold and iphone 3g

05-25-09 03:02 PM
    Lol cx has to retire his bold for the latest and greatest it's common knowledge he's some sort of blackberry tester

05-25-09 03:17 PM
    Hey cx I know you might be a little limited in what you can say. Can you tell us if the speakers are as good or better than the bold? That is the only deal breaker for me.

05-25-09 04:55 PM
    Hey cx I know you might be a little limited in what you can say. Can you tell us if the speakers are as good or better than the bold? That is the only deal breaker for me.

I haven't really checked out the media player yet. While on the phone the speakers are plenty loud, even on speaker. But I haven't played any music through it yet. I will do so and get back to you.
    I will say that I totally love the form factor and think this is absolutely one of the top 2 best looking BlackBerry's to date.(can't mention the other) I swear the beveled edges are just too sweet.(as you can see I keep raving about them lol) The device really looks great and feels great in your hand.
    It does have the same keyboard as the Bold although smaller. I will say it takes a little bit getting used to after coming straight from the 9000. Not much but a little getting used to. Again, IMHO, I think the 9000 is a little on the large side. And I think the 8900(great device too) is a little on the small side. This device strikes that perfect balance IMO.
    Don't be discouraged by my remarks on the keyboard, it's still the same great keyboard as the Bold's. Just not as much real estate and it takes a bit to get used to. No worries.
    05-25-09 05:08 PM
    Funny thing. little over a year ago CX was using the 8900 and raving about it. And I looked forward to it. And I bought it. And, coming from an 8100, I was pleased as could be. I think I'll have to wait and pass these by so I can make a more substantial leap in Berryiness. But when CX says he's retired the Bold...

This sounds like RIM is giving everyone plenty of options with the upcoming BlackBerry releases. Options are good.
    05-25-09 05:14 PM
    So the BlackBerry Onyx is going to AT&T ? i thought it has UMA, i dint think AT&T had UMA ? im lost someone help..lol
    The Onyx will definitely go to AT&T. It's also UMA capable (AT&T does NOT support UMA). It's actually really simple; RIM engineered the ultimate BB that's "capable" of a lot, which includes UMA. This doesn't mean, however, that it'll go to service providers that support UMA exclusively, i.e. AT&T. It is a GSM device, and it makes sense that it's being released on AT&T seeing as how it's going to be the Bold replacement.
    05-25-09 05:40 PM
    I haven't really checked out the media player yet. While on the phone the speakers are plenty loud, even on speaker. But I haven't played any music through it yet. I will do so and get back to you.
    I will say that I totally love the form factor and think this is absolutely one of the top 2 best looking BlackBerry's to date.(can't mention the other) I swear the beveled edges are just too sweet.(as you can see I keep raving about them lol) The device really looks great and feels great in your hand.
    It does have the same keyboard as the Bold although smaller. I will say it takes a little bit getting used to after coming straight from the 9000. Not much but a little getting used to. Again, IMHO, I think the 9000 is a little on the large side. And I think the 8900(great device too) is a little on the small side. This device strikes that perfect balance IMO.
    Don't be discouraged by my remarks on the keyboard, it's still the same great keyboard as the Bold's. Just not as much real estate and it takes a bit to get used to. No worries.
    You are preaching to the converted my friend i'm all in on getting the onyx only thing that could stop me is bad speaker quality i love listening to music at work and watching vids i need bold equivalent or better..
    05-25-09 05:56 PM
    Well, so far, this device is what a lot of us have been looking for- all in one device. Yeah, CX, post back on the speaker quality when you have a chance.

05-25-09 06:10 PM
    I love it! lives up to what i expected for sure. but I rececently asked someone if the tour was to be a worldwide release as im in the uk and someone said no it will be the onyx, is this right?

Also I love every part of this phone looks wise, size, specs, but the OS? when the phone was switched on didnt seem as nice as the bold menu and 8900. Am i silly for thinking this. Looks bit basic and boring reminds me of the gemini review
    05-25-09 07:10 PM
    I definitely do like the Onyx. The more I look at it, the more it grows on me as far as "looks". I guess I am a fan of the "silver" bezel. The dark metallic look does have a nice finish, however. SPECS speak for themselves on this phone. It's an understatement to say that this phone is stacked. I am very curious as to see what the trackpad would like. I'm waiting for the gemini so i can test it out.
    05-25-09 09:57 PM
    man i so want one
    or the driftwood
    05-25-09 10:11 PM
    I will have this phone the day it comes out. By far the best bb yet.
    05-25-09 10:23 PM
    I will have this phone the day it comes out. By far the best bb yet.
    I'll agree based on the information that's available.

05-25-09 10:58 PM
    Is it normal for pre releases phones to turn into white screen(also red indicator) when plugging in USB into the computer?
    05-26-09 05:49 AM
    Hahaha just got the 8900 (4 days ago) but after reading all this and watching the pics/video I really want to have this phone!

Maybe a silly question, but does anybody have an idea if it will come to Europe/The Netherlands as well? And if so, any price indications?
    05-26-09 03:15 PM
    Of course Kevin did it again. Check it out here--> BlackBerry Onyx Review - First Impressions | CrackBerry.com

And post your thoughts below.
    i wonder how he got his hands on this
    05-26-09 05:46 PM
    The best BB RIM has produced thus far - point blank. It has UMA because Rogers has UMA. Eventually, it will be another Rogers UMA device on its release date or some time later. Hopefully, ATT gets it eventually too. My guess of the release in Canada? App some time after Rogers Cup... ~ late September. Cheers.
    05-26-09 06:52 PM
    Cx any word on the speaker quality. I remember comparing my friends 8900 to my Bolds speakers and it Bold sounded a lot better I hope the onyx matches or beats the Bold. This is the only thing that could stop me from getting the onyx.

05-26-09 06:59 PM
    Hey kiki, isn't RIM in your neigbourhood? Cut their lawn and bring some beer or sljivovitza over there and perhaps they'll return the favour in way of a nice shiny new Onyx
    05-26-09 07:03 PM
    The world may never know

05-26-09 08:27 PM
142 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD