so its a little bit smaller Bold with a better camera and more memory
    hmmmmm
    it had better impress me when i get to play with it hands on because i have heard it all before every time a new device is released.."best ever"...."best keyboard"... and bla bla bla
    from where i sit this looks like another overhyped recycle job by RIM.....
    05-24-09 03:59 PM
    Onyx looks pretty sweet. hopefully itll go to production with the trackpad though.

sounds like the processor is an upgrade from the bold too.

also sounds like this is a november/pre-christmas device.
    based on what kevin saying it's snappier?
    i'm willing to bet that it probably has the Bold processor in the Onyx
    any knowledge of the processor Crucial?
    05-24-09 04:05 PM
    so its a little bit smaller Bold with a better camera and more memory
    hmmmmm
    it had better impress me when i get to play with it hands on because i have heard it all before every time a new device is released.."best ever"...."best keyboard"... and bla bla bla
    from where i sit this looks like another overhyped recycle job by RIM.....
    It has better specs than the Bold, so that's the only thing that's making me want the device. Otherwise, the Bold will be by my side for a while.
    05-24-09 04:05 PM
    I need this phone. I just got the 8900 a little over a month ago because it was the new one and I thought I needed it. But I like the keyboard better on this "onyx" and I like how its a little bit bigger and all black. I just want it now. I've never tried that trackpad thing like the curve 8530 is gonna have but I think I'd like the trackball better anyway so I hope the onyx doesn't end up with a trackpad like the review said it might. I'm not a huge fan of the keyboard that the line of curves have. I'm more into the type that the 8820 or the bold have so I can't wait to switch to the onyx. I've had 4 blackberries and this is the most I've ever wanted one. I can't wait. I feel like how I felt when the celts signed KG in the summer, I was just so excited for the season to start. And that summer when the Pats signed Moss, same thing. Can't WAIT FOR THIS DEVICE

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 04:07 PM
    It has better specs than the Bold, so that's the only thing that's making me want the device. Otherwise, the Bold will be by my side for a while.

faster processor than the Bold or the Bold internals in a shiny new package like the Storm/9630 combination?
    if its the Bold in a shiny new package with a new camera and more memory then i will pass on it....
    i want more processing power and give me something new instead of the same old recycled junk RIM is peddling
    i want substance not another shiny new object that doesnt do anything different than the last shiny object i paid 600 bucks for
    Last edited by giantfan30; 05-24-09 at 04:14 PM.
    05-24-09 04:11 PM
    Sweet looking device. I hope the dark bezel stays. I like the usb and 3.5 jack being back on the left side. I really like the addition of the rubbery sides, should add a nice grip to it. I hope for the optical trackpad to make it on there, that was the only feature of my once owned Omnia that I actually liked. I am presuming it supports 32gb sdhc's? I am aslo hoping for loud stellar speakers like on the Bold. Now lets make this 3G beauty work on my carriers AWS signal and I will be happy as a clam.
    05-24-09 04:22 PM
    faster processor than the Bold or the Bold internals in a shiny new package like the Storm/9630 combination?
    if its the Bold in a shiny new package with a new camera and more memory then i will pass on it....
    i want more processing power and give me something new instead of the same old recycled junk RIM is peddling
    i want substance not another shiny new object that doesnt do anything different than the last shiny object i paid 600 bucks for
    Yea I agree with you, if the processor is the same, I will stay with my Bold due to the fact that I can care less about a camera upgrade, and I am fine with my Bolds memory.
    05-24-09 04:24 PM
    lookin good Onyx. i might have to tap that. keyboard.
    05-24-09 04:30 PM
    The optical pad would be nice, haven't used one yet.
    They work quite well. Still not totally sold on the looks, but it grows on me each day.

That's exatcly whats going to happen for me. I've been in love with this since I first heard about it. Fixes everything that I found wrong with my bold. Especially if it's going to have the trackpad instead of trackball.
    Yes, I believe most 9000 users will retire their device for this one.

based on what kevin saying it's snappier?
    i'm willing to bet that it probably has the Bold processor in the Onyx
    any knowledge of the processor Crucial?
    Well ATX, it has a much need improved camera, which isn't necessary per say, but in order for this device to take over/retain the Bolds top spot, it must have IMHO.
    Same for available application memory. Me personally, I have quite a few applications installed and still have plenty of free space, more is better. And when talking about the best BB out, having as much app memory as the 8900 is a must as well. For all the naysayers at least.
    Internals. I won't comment on this at this time, but to say it's very quick.

I love my Bold don't get me wrong. However, I feel it is a tad on the big side. I also feel the 8900, with it's lack of HSPA capability aside, is too small. This device lands in the middle of those two, and is perfect. The form factor is changed up from the current 9000's, and looks good. The pictures don't do the beveled edges any justice, and it looks amazing. I loved the media card slot when I saw it.

Overall, this is an upgrade to the Bold, in all areas. It's not just some recycled device. Yes it looks like some of the others, but this is the new look of BlackBerry's today, and it also has it's own personality and exclusivity. I loved it as soon as I put my hands on it a little while back. My 9000 is pretty much officially retired.
    05-24-09 04:36 PM
    I am going to miss the leather back on the bold though. I love it. I wonder if someone will make a third party leather one for the onyx.
    05-24-09 04:40 PM
    They work quite well. Still not totally sold on the looks, but it grows on me each day.

Yes, I believe most 9000 users will retire their device for this one.

Well ATX, it has a much need improved camera, which isn't necessary per say, but in order for this device to take over/retain the Bolds top spot, it must have IMHO.
    Same for available application memory. Me personally, I have quite a few applications installed and still have plenty of free space, more is better. And when talking about the best BB out, having as much app memory as the 8900 is a must as well. For all the naysayers at least.
    Internals. I won't comment on this at this time, but to say it's very quick.

I love my Bold don't get me wrong. However, I feel it is a tad on the big side. I also feel the 8900, with it's lack of HSPA capability aside, is too small. This device lands in the middle of those two, and is perfect. The form factor is changed up from the current 9000's, and looks good. The pictures don't do the beveled edges any justice, and it looks amazing. I loved the media card slot when I saw it.

Overall, this is an upgrade to the Bold, in all areas. It's not just some recycled device. Yes it looks like some of the others, but this is the new look of BlackBerry's today, and it also has it's own personality and exclusivity. I loved it as soon as I put my hands on it a little while back. My 9000 is pretty much officially retired.
    oh dont get me wrong it LOOKS good and more memory and a better camera are all great things to have....i just dont want the Bold part deux...i want REAL improvement...seems as if based on your cryptic response about speed that i will have something to look forward to
    i will take your word for it that the device is worth the hype since it made you put down your beloved Bold
    05-24-09 04:44 PM
    the bold is already being retired? didn't it come out last october?? A little early, don't you think?
    05-24-09 04:58 PM
    this is exactly what I wish the tour was
    05-24-09 05:00 PM
    the bold is already being retired? didn't it come out last october?? A little early, don't you think?
    It came out in November I believed, but that was for AT&T. It came out earlier for Rogers and European carriers, I believe it have been a year for them already, or is about to be.

Technology is changing faster every year, so expect new ones to come out extremely quick.
    05-24-09 05:05 PM
    bu bu bu but you have the network
    ok i kid ...sorta
    05-24-09 05:26 PM
    hold off on that there buddy...i have to have my hands on an Onyx and be impressed with it before i retire my Bold
    05-24-09 05:27 PM
    Hopefully the Atlas (if it even exists) will have similar specs
    05-24-09 05:27 PM
    wow just when i thought nothing could touch the bold, here comes a diamond in the rough.

i for one am also with crucial on this one. my bold will be secondary when this hits. the onyx is so stylish and slimmer.

but there is something i want to clear up, is the onyx the choice to make or the pluto? i dont want to make a choice which i will regret later.

crucial- what do you think the price on the onyx will be for no contract, since i just agreed with att on 2 year contract for my bold back in december.
    05-24-09 06:41 PM
    wow just when i thought nothing could touch the bold, here comes a diamond in the rough.

i for one am also with crucial on this one. my bold will be secondary when this hits. the onyx is so stylish and slimmer.

but there is something i want to clear up, is the onyx the choice to make or the pluto? i dont want to make a choice which i will regret later.

crucial- what do you think the price on the onyx will be for no contract, since i just agreed with att on 2 year contract for my bold back in december.
    $549-$599.
    05-24-09 07:31 PM
    Hopefully the Atlas (if it even exists) will have similar specs
    Oh it exists. But I don't think it'll have similar specs as the Onyx. I think the Onyx will have better specs than the next couple upcoming BB's.
    05-24-09 08:27 PM
    I must not look at all the other phones too much, but outside of the keyboards, all the newer models look exactly the same. Don't think I like that

05-24-09 08:29 PM
    Give us a date and price!
    05-24-09 10:19 PM
    I must not look at all the other phones too much, but outside of the keyboards, all the newer models look exactly the same. Don't think I like that

exactly the point i am making in my post here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/on...erries-234209/
    05-24-09 11:00 PM
    Okay, I have the feeling. This is DEFINITELY the one BB that will replace my Bold 9000. I'll probably get the magnum too, but I've been waiting for this kind of BB.

05-24-09 11:09 PM
    Okay, I have the feeling. This is DEFINITELY the one BB that will replace my Bold 9000. I'll probably get the magnum too, but I've been waiting for this kind of BB.

I agree with you.

05-24-09 11:36 PM
142 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD