Well I took a gamble and bought one from a reputable seller on Ebay Canada and it arrived this morning

Basically took it straight out of the box at FEDEX and put my sim card in. Vodafone NZ came up on it and so did the 3G logo and I was away running - literally.

Got to the car, turned on Bluetooth and connected it to my Nokia CK-7W car kit and that was done with no issues at all.

Absolutely love the screen, its mind blowing. In my opinion its as good as, if not better than the iPhone screen and I have one sitting here as well so can compare

Its not that much bigger than my Curve but feels much better. I like the keyboard and its very easy to use. Once I got home I setup the imei and pin number on my vodafone acct site and now I have all my emails coming to the Bold with no problems whatsoever.

I even used PocketMac to sync my contacts from the MAC desktop computer onto the Bold and no problems there either.

So bottom line, awesome phone. Love it so far, well for 4 hours anyway, and am off to Australia on the weekend and will see how it goes on their network.

Cheers

Ned
    09-01-08 08:42 PM
    Congrats and good to know everything went smooth for you, unlike some other users!
    09-01-08 08:46 PM
    Well have been using it all day now and it hasnt missed a beat. It started off on 3G when I installed the sim card and hasnt come off it

Onwards and upwards
    09-02-08 02:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD