I bought my bold used from a guy who literally used it one day then went back to an iphone. He had an iphone and dropped it in a river and then tried the bold and didn't like it. He barely used it because he said he didn't want to figure out how to use it while he was busy at work. Then it sat in the box for about a month before he sold it to me. Just a little backstory. I've had it for like 6-8 months now.

So the firewall is locked on "enabled" with the little red padlock. I know he didn't have an IT policy and I double checked and it says "*** no services ***" in the security general settings folder.

I've searched the forum and wiped the phone with JLCmder a month or so ago and it is still locked. Do you guys have any suggestions? I started using GVdialer and every once in a while I get a message that says it's trying to access the firewall or something like that and it gets annoying and I don't want to limit the functions of the program in anyway.

Thanks
    Last edited by robertk232; 08-01-09 at 01:01 PM.
    08-01-09 12:48 PM
    Seems strange that JL didn't clear all previous settings. Did you perform a complete device wipe?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 01:30 PM
    To the best of my knowledge I did. I followed a guide that I think I found on here that was supposed to completely wipe everything, specifically written for the locked firewall....
    08-01-09 01:56 PM
    Try the swiss army knife...
    08-01-09 06:29 PM
    Do you know the person you bought this from? It sounds like a rather far fetched story, and you will not be able to remove an IT Policy yourself. The BES Admin need to remove it. Get in touch with the person you bought it from, and if he can't help you then there is a very distinct possibility that he stole it.
    08-01-09 06:49 PM
    Are you sure you wiped the device? If you wipe it with JL CMDR you would have to reload the OS onto the phone. Did you have to do this?
    08-01-09 07:42 PM
    Are you sure you wiped the device? If you wipe it with JL CMDR you would have to reload the OS onto the phone. Did you have to do this?
    ya, I had to reload it. Some error message came up on my blackberry that essentially said there was no OS on it.
    08-01-09 08:45 PM
    Look in the Howto and FAQ forum, there should be an item about removing IT Policies.

08-01-09 08:57 PM
    JL commander doesn't work on Vista. Any suggestions?
    08-01-09 11:31 PM
    The IT policy should be gone though if he wiped out the device.

08-02-09 12:43 PM
    The IT policy should be gone though if he wiped out the device.

ya, that's why I'm so confused
    08-02-09 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD