Does anyone have any up to date information as to when it is going to be available? Or if it's already out-where one can get it? Thx!
    04-11-09 07:10 PM
    no clue, but i know in the browser settings, u can change the emulation of the browser to internet explorer or firefox.

personally, im good with the native browser. plus theres always, opera, bolt and skyfire is on its way too. i heard os 5.0 has some improvements on the native browser too
    04-11-09 07:12 PM
    I don't think Firefox will be available for any BB device in the near future. A lot of people would rush to get it, but they are in no rush to produce it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 07:17 PM
    Wouldn't this question best be answered in a Mozilla forum? To the OP, what on earth would make you think that Firefox for BB is out?

04-11-09 07:28 PM
    Wouldn't this question best be answered in a Mozilla forum?

I don't think this is fair to the OP at all.

A lot of us ask questions on CB about different browsers, games, new software, etc. hoping someone here may know the answer first. The OP was doing the same thing. Why should he/she go to another forum when others do not?

I am not trying to be nasty. I am just making an observation. If you were joking with the OP then I do apolgize.
    Last edited by Kangaruex; 04-11-09 at 07:56 PM.
    04-11-09 07:48 PM
    I don't think this is fair to the OP at all.

A lot of us ask questions on CB about different browsers, games, new software, etc. The OP was doing the same thing. Why should he/she go to another forum when others do not?

I am not trying to be nasty. I am just making an observation. If you were joking with the OP then I do apolgize.
    I wasnt joking at all. Don't you think someone over at Mozilla would have better info than someone in here? Why just not go to the direct source instead of relying on rumor and second hand information? Crackberry is a good resource for Blackberry but not everything can be answered here.

Support Website Forums
    Last edited by JD914; 04-11-09 at 08:02 PM.
    04-11-09 07:59 PM
    Does anyone have any up to date information as to when it is going to be available? Or if it's already out-where one can get it? Thx!
    There are apparently two versions in work.
    They are planning mobile device for touch screens and also for keyboard entry.

The versions for touch screen and screen shots are discussed in the mozilla wiki:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/UI/D...n_UI_Design_V1

a mockup video is shown:

Firefox Mobile Concept Video on Vimeo
    Last edited by mandony; 04-11-09 at 08:28 PM.
    04-11-09 08:20 PM
    I wasnt joking at all. Don't you think someone over at Mozilla would have better info than someone in here? Why just not go to the direct source instead of relying on rumor and second hand information? Crackberry is a good resource for Blackberry but not everything can be answered here.

Support Website Forums

I actually do agree.

I also think we can both agree that there is more information available on other sites besides CB.

I don't want a flame war or bickering back and forth. So we can disgree on the rest. I should not have stated my opinion to your post since it was not directed at me. So I will drop the issue and apologize.
    04-11-09 08:45 PM
    I think it'll take a while till we see the Firefox mobile browser.

I'm currently more excited about the upcoming Skyfire browser since I read that they just hired alpha testers for their blackberry browser.

Btw, Skyfire browsers are super fast and usually have Flash, Quicktime and Silverlight support. So yeah, this could be THE ONE.
    04-12-09 12:00 AM
    Same reason why we would ask about a new OS. People here don't mind sharing information if they are privy to it, which is what makes this site great.
    04-12-09 07:39 AM
    I hope there is a mobile firefox in the future.
    04-12-09 04:13 PM
    I hope there is a mobile firefox in the future.
    I agree. I love using Mozilla and to have one on my BB would be awesome especially if there was a way to do tabbed browsing on the mobile version as well.
    04-12-09 05:13 PM
    Is there any faster browser better that the native brower on BB which can download large files and can also PAUSE download please????
    02-19-13 12:00 AM
    Am also in need of a good browser that can download large files as mentioned by my Brother. Victor. Akinpelu
    03-24-13 02:20 AM
    You can use ONE browser, it is a very good browser and I use it to download my movies and other LARGE files, also has pause and resume.
    Better of all you can use it to download and browse over BIS !! Ver nice to NOT use your data credits !!
    See in the network settings and choose BIS.
    OTA link http://url. prohp.net/giebo

Regards
    Last edited by delfteo; 04-19-13 at 12:56 PM.
    04-19-13 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD