Its so hard to find a repair shop for a replacement lcd in Dallas. A few of them have them in stock but their trying to charge me 150-200 for installation and parts. Thats just ridiculous when i could easily go online and buy it for less.

If anyone from dallas, tx knows a shop that has decent pricing on lcds pls let me know.
    08-07-09 01:05 PM
    Most of that is labor I'm sure. Theses shops can't get by by charging price of part plus $20.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by my240sx88; 08-07-09 at 01:56 PM.
    08-07-09 01:54 PM
    i know that, but i was quoted 200 from one place? lol I can do it myself in less than 15 minutes
    08-07-09 02:12 PM
    go on you tube and proly find a vidieo on how to.idk.
    08-07-09 02:15 PM
    Its so hard to find a repair shop for a replacement lcd in Dallas. A few of them have them in stock but their trying to charge me 150-200 for installation and parts. Thats just ridiculous when i could easily go online and buy it for less.

If anyone from dallas, tx knows a shop that has decent pricing on lcds pls let me know.

Since it's so easy and you can go online and buy the LCD for less, then why not do that? why come on here an complain about a "repair shop" charing you $$$ to something that you yourself said you could do for less?

i dont get that. Either have someone do it for you and dont complain about the cost, or do it yourself...
    08-07-09 02:15 PM
    Do it yourself. I did. Here is where I bought my LCD replacement from. Worked perfectly. The owner is great and very responsive.

Amazon.com: --003/004 AT&T Blackberry Bold 9000 OEM LCD Display Screen: Electronics

He ships out of TX, you would have it in a day or two.
    08-07-09 02:54 PM
    Cheers for this forum. Because of your alert observation, it is not necessary for you to go to a high priced repair shop. There are plenty of folk here who can steer to the best sources for the part(s) and to help you along with a pain free repair (or you can hire a kid with good motor skills).
    08-07-09 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD