06-18-09 01:38 PM
34 12
tools
    luckily over here in the UK what with the smaller country size 3G now is by far a more painless process than it seems to be in the US, however hand-offs between 2G<->3G are still annoying and can result in dropped calls. What I don't understand is that Orange UK seem to do the handoff perfectly, but thats the only network I know that doesn't drop a call every single time when you change between 2G<->3G.
    06-17-09 08:33 PM
    luckily over here in the UK what with the smaller country size 3G now is by far a more painless process than it seems to be in the US, however hand-offs between 2G<->3G are still annoying and can result in dropped calls. What I don't understand is that Orange UK seem to do the handoff perfectly, but thats the only network I know that doesn't drop a call every single time when you change between 2G<->3G.
    But can't you set it to 3G only on O2? That makes my Bold run so much better. And I have never - not even once - had a dropped call since I got this thing in September. Good 3G service from Rogers and set on 3G only.
    06-17-09 09:28 PM
    The only reason you drop calls while on 3g is tower hand offrs into a 2g area. Its taking a high bitrate compression and trying to make it a low bitrate compression. This is what causes the dropped calls and call failed. Att 3g network should be data only like vzw's evdo.

Unbranding Is the best thing you can do to your bold. Period.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 10:23 PM
    3G in New York City will literally make you want to take your phone and throw it out the window going 60 on the FDR, or throw it off the top of your 80 story office building.

I wish there was an easier way to set it to 2G very quickly.

06-18-09 01:20 AM
    either debrand or buy an unlocked Rogers Bold
    06-18-09 01:23 AM
    I just recently unlocked my AT&T Bold (with a code provided by AT&T). Is my phone now "de-branded"?

06-18-09 01:29 AM
    I just recently unlocked my AT&T Bold (with a code provided by AT&T). Is my phone now "de-branded"?

No it isn't debranded. Your 3 options to have network selection 2G/3G is

1.Debrand

2.http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/how...anding-207789/

3. Get a Rogers Bold or any other branded Bold except At&t
    06-18-09 01:35 AM
    mobile network engineering screen--->, then voice channel--->, then voice stats--->, then where it says codec click the trackball--->, then go to full menu---> change options, select AMR FR then click the track ball again to set codec
    Does setting this codec hurt battery life in any way?
    06-18-09 01:28 PM
    Does setting this codec hurt battery life in any way?
    I haven't noticed any noticeable difference
    06-18-09 01:38 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD