I just pulled it up on App World.

When I open App World, it starts with Featured Items. I scroll to the right 3 or 4 apps and there it is.
    04-02-09 09:36 AM
    greeattttt
    04-02-09 09:37 AM
    You know what, I'm wondering if they pulled this thing already for some reason. I can go to the shazam site, but when I click on the download for blackberry it says it's broken... And it's not on appworld, so hmmmm... Was it a one day "April Fools" deal?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

It's still on App World when I go there...it's currently listed as the top download.
    04-02-09 09:38 AM
    It's still on App World when I go there...it's currently listed as the top download.
    The top download that I'm seeing is Bloomberg... What gives? I wonder if it's a branding thing; which I can live with, believe me.
    04-02-09 10:56 AM
    okay the reason some people can see it....and others can't....pay attention to the device model on those who can see it: NOT THE STORM.
    Shazam was apparently not ready for the storm, and they pulled the release.

There's a thread somewhere on CB though that has Shazam on RapidShare. Try a search.
    04-02-09 10:59 AM
    okay the reason some people can see it....and others can't....pay attention to the device model on those who can see it: NOT THE STORM.

There's a thread somewhere on CB though that has Shazam on RapidShare. Try a search.
    But he's running a Bold... and so am I... I'm thinking Branding issues (he's branded, I'm unbradned), which I wouldn't know why it would matter... But oh well. I'll find it somehow.
    04-02-09 11:05 AM

Will check for a RapidShare... Thank you.
    04-02-09 11:06 AM
    Ok... so here's the deal. If by chance you're running into my problem do this:

go here: BlackBerry - Featured Apps

put a check on Shazam, click next, enter your email and then click finish... Done and done. You still have to have AppWorld loaded on your phone, but this will send you a link to get into the Shazam page in AppWold when you can't by the regular means.
    Last edited by sandos; 04-02-09 at 11:15 AM.
    04-02-09 11:12 AM
    Sandos, I've been having the same problems. I tried what you recommend but when the Shazam page shows up in App World there is no way to download it. The only links shown are Reviews, Recommend, and Screenshots.
    04-02-09 12:42 PM
    Sandos, I've been having the same problems. I tried what you recommend but when the Shazam page shows up in App World there is no way to download it. The only links shown are Reviews, Recommend, and Screenshots.
    No kidding... I'm thinking there really is something then for Storm that just disallows it's download and use (kind of like BB Maps on an AT&T network).

I think my issue was probably related to branding... But I am curious, does anyone else have an unbranded Bold on AT&T network that ran into the same problem or had no problem at all? This will help me figure out if something is up with my install of AppWorld maybe...
    04-02-09 03:58 PM
    when are they opening it up for international users?
    04-02-09 04:43 PM
    Just tried it with Nat King Cole's Unforgettable (just saw Watchmen last week) and it recognized it no problem and then you are given options if you want to buy it.

Mind you this is a pretty recognizable song. I wonder how well it will work with more obscure songs. I wonder how large their database is.
    I think their database is quite large actually. A while back I had a buddy use Shazam (on his iPod) in an Italian restaurant playing some obscure music and it identified the song with no problems. The lyrics weren't even in english and the song had to be pretty old.
    04-02-09 06:52 PM
    I'm also in Thailand on TrueMove and I can't even access the AppWorld store. How did you access the site, since it's supposed to be available to only users in US, CA, UK?

How do you find your vendor ID?
    I'm on AIS and donwloaded appworld and it works and lets me download programs. AIS BIS service runs a direct line to RIM in Canada and the device has a Canadian RIM IP even though I am in Thailand. True must be doing it differently and you must have a Thailand IP. Go to IP Address Geolocation to Country City Region Latitude Longitude ZIP Code ISP Domain Name Timezone NetSpeed IDD Country Code Area Code Weather Station Code Weather Station Name Database for Developers | IP2Location™ and see where your IP is coming from and what country it identifies as.
    07-13-09 10:29 AM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD