am I the only one that think this app sucks? At first i though it was some sort of internet radio app like flycast, pandora or slacker. What a disappointment. It's simply an appl that ID's music? WTF?
    I don't understand how that means it sucks, just because it only ID's music. That's its point. If you don't know a song and like it, and want to know it, thats what this app is for. MANY people use it. It is one of the most popular apps on the iPhone.
    04-01-09 04:32 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who clearly is missing Shazam. I've been looking all day and it hasn't been in my appworld. I dl-ed app world around 8:30 this morning, and no shazam. I checked my roommate's bb storm also...no shazam.
    BB Storm running 4.7.0.114 on VZW.

I honestly thought I was going crazy.
    Actually the most shocking thing to be is two people that are roommates actually have the storm. I didnt think they sold that many units for that to happen!
    04-01-09 04:35 PM
    am I the only one that think this app sucks? At first i though it was some sort of internet radio app like flycast, pandora or slacker. What a disappointment. It's simply an app that ID's music? WTF?
    Why are you acting so damm surprised? RTFM (WTF eh?). Nowhere does it say that it would do anything other than ID music. And quite well by early accounts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 06:03 PM
    Yep, works great. If you think you would use this, it's worth the $5.
    04-01-09 06:43 PM
    Has anyone actually installed this, and would you be willing to share your experience?
    Just tried it with Nat King Cole's Unforgettable (just saw Watchmen last week) and it recognized it no problem and then you are given options if you want to buy it.

Mind you this is a pretty recognizable song. I wonder how well it will work with more obscure songs. I wonder how large their database is.
    04-01-09 06:44 PM
    Love this app. My kids are thankful that they're not going to hear me ask " whats that song? or who sings that?" Well worth the $5.
    04-01-09 06:48 PM
    how can you have shazam on an ipod touch?...my ipod touch does not have a mic to record noise?....

unless you are referring to teh second gen ipod touch which i dont know much about.
    I have the second gen ipod touch but it doesn't have a mic so u have to purchase the apple headphones that includes a mic and when u use shazam just place the mic on the headphone to the music...works great
    You can also use the headphones to make calls over wifi on ipod touch.
    Last edited by rockinfigs; 04-01-09 at 10:47 PM.
    04-01-09 10:40 PM
    Is this shazam thing really in app? world I cant find it Its driving me crazy!!!!!!
    04-02-09 01:14 AM
    Actually the most shocking thing to be is two people that are roommates actually have the storm. I didnt think they sold that many units for that to happen!
    lol. We have the same car too. Same color and all.Total coincidence.

Is this shazam thing really in app? world I cant find it Its driving me crazy!!!!!!
    try this link sent to me from the all mighty 0mie(didn't work for me but maybe for you):
    BlackBerry App World
    04-02-09 06:27 AM
    I wonder how well it will work with more obscure songs. I wonder how large their database is.
    I've tried it with some fairly obscure indie rock tunes and it's nailed them all. This is a cool app...
    04-02-09 06:34 AM
    I had this app when I had an iphone. It was fun for 10 minutes.

I will pass on this app and continue to ID music the old fashion way. Google a few words of the chorus
    04-02-09 07:19 AM
    Yea!!!!! Thanks Karalinagiirl (still a noob can't qoute) lol just downloaded it thanks to your link suppose I would also have to thank Omie lol!!!!!!

04-02-09 07:44 AM
    anybody who will share cod file for shazam?
    04-02-09 08:04 AM
    too bad its only free for a month..
    04-02-09 08:43 AM
    too bad its only free for a month..
    Unless I'm missing something, it's only a purchase fee of $4.99 after the trial...no recurring charges.
    04-02-09 08:54 AM
    Yea I think it has something to do with Vendor IDs..
    I live in Thailand and my curve has a wierd vendor id of -1 (no splash screens nothing).. app store works but no shazam (also missing some others)..
    My friend has the same phone (Curve 8900) with a vendor id of 125 (O2)
    and his appworld can download Shazam.. He is also in thailand using the same network as me (AIS)..
    04-02-09 08:55 AM
    Unless I'm missing something, it's only a purchase fee of $4.99 after the trial...no recurring charges.
    That's correct.
    04-02-09 08:58 AM
    Yea I think it has something to do with Vendor IDs..
    I live in Thailand and my curve has a wierd vendor id of -1 (no splash screens nothing).. app store works but no shazam (also missing some others)..
    My friend has the same phone (Curve 8900) with a vendor id of 125 (O2)
    and his appworld can download Shazam.. He is also in thailand using the same network as me (AIS)..
    I'm also in Thailand on TrueMove and I can't even access the AppWorld store. How did you access the site, since it's supposed to be available to only users in US, CA, UK?

How do you find your vendor ID?
    04-02-09 09:05 AM
    I'm seeing alot of only free for a month. I have it through app world on a 60 day trial. Are you guys getting it somewhere else?
    04-02-09 09:12 AM
    I'm seeing alot of only free for a month. I have it through app world on a 60 day trial. Are you guys getting it somewhere else?
    It is a 60 day trial, and then a $4.99 one time purchase fee if you want to retain full functionality.
    04-02-09 09:22 AM
    Ok call me crazy, or probably just stupid... But I am having that damnedest time finding this thing in appworld. What am I missing here? Is there just a plain old fashioned OTA link out there?

04-02-09 09:24 AM
    04-02-09 09:28 AM
    Link seems broken...

04-02-09 09:31 AM
    Link seems broken...

Works fine for me, although yesterday it would not come up for me, but did for others.
    04-02-09 09:33 AM
    Link seems broken...

You know what, I'm wondering if they pulled this thing already for some reason. I can go to the shazam site, but when I click on the download for blackberry it says it's broken... And it's not on appworld, so hmmmm... Was it a one day "April Fools" deal?

04-02-09 09:34 AM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD