I hate hearing a song I really enjoy but having no clue what it is. I was jealous of it when I saw it on iphone and am really happy it's out for blackberry. This and appworld sure made april 1st sweeet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 10:40 AM
    Has anyone actually installed this, and would you be willing to share your experience?
    04-01-09 10:41 AM
    I have.. I've only tested it with my computer though.. I havent been out since I have exams.. but seemed to work fine..
    04-01-09 10:46 AM
    So it shows the info directly on your phone, no SMS or Email?
    04-01-09 10:47 AM
    You sure? because i have it installed on my ipod touch and it gives me no option to pay for it..the blackberry version gives me the option to pay for it now or later. Ive had shazam on my ipod touch forever also and never asked me to pay..guess the trial period for ipod touch is forever
    how can you have shazam on an ipod touch?...my ipod touch does not have a mic to record noise?....

unless you are referring to teh second gen ipod touch which i dont know much about.
    04-01-09 10:47 AM
    So it shows the info directly on your phone, no SMS or Email?
    Directly on the phone.. It stores them in a list under mytags.. then you sms or email or pin it to anyone you'd like to share it with..
    04-01-09 10:49 AM
    Directly on the phone.. It stores them in a list under mytags.. then you sms or email or pin it to anyone you'd like to share it with..
    Good deal, thanks for sharing. I'm going to give it a try.
    04-01-09 10:52 AM
    how can you have shazam on an ipod touch?...my ipod touch does not have a mic to record noise?....

unless you are referring to teh second gen ipod touch which i dont know much about.
    off topic
    04-01-09 11:08 AM
    so has anyone tried it out? does it work well?
    04-01-09 11:37 AM
    Works great.
    04-01-09 11:41 AM
    I will try it
    Let me see if it works wit me
    04-01-09 12:24 PM
    Can't seem to find it in the appworld...maybe they pulled it or it won't show up because I'm from the UK.

04-01-09 12:40 PM
    What is the limited feature version on Shazam on BlackBerry?
    With the limited feature version of Shazam on BlackBerry you will be able to successfully tag 5 tracks per month, see the list of tags you have made and purchase these tracks if you wish.

What does the full-feature of Shazam on BlackBerry include?
    The feature enhanced version of Shazam on BlackBerry includes:

Tagging (unlimited)*
    Tag History
    Tag Chart
    More info (editorial, including release history, track and album reviews and biography)
    Track lyrics (North America only)
    Search for and buy CDs and other goods on Amazon Anywhere
    Find Similar tracks and get recommendations
    Share tag (via SMS, Mail and BlackBerry PIN)
    Other features will become available during the first 60 days. Lookout for messages on your BlackBerry smartphone.

*Usage policy applies. Basically this means you can tag 1000 tracks per month (32 tags per day

http://www.shazam.com/music/web/pages/blackberry.html
    04-01-09 12:41 PM
    It works great! I'm just using the trial version now.
    04-01-09 01:07 PM
    Does this use data only? Or wifi as well?
    04-01-09 01:08 PM
    I love this app. It works great!

04-01-09 03:20 PM
    hmm, when trying to run shazam, it tries to go through the set up but i keep getting an error saying

"shazam needs to record to your phone, please set the permissions on your phone to allow recording"

usually the permission prompt comes up automatically, but isn't. how do i access permissions? and does it matter that i'm using ver. .247?
    go to options > advanced >applications find shazam press menu>edit permissions> expand the middle one i think by pressing menu and you will see record

yeah i had the same problem....thank you for the answer....
    04-01-09 03:25 PM
    Hmmm well ive searched and searched within the appworld but no results for Shazam so either they pulled it off or my appword is completely different to what you guys have on your BB's.

Guess ill have to keep trying till they put it back up.
    04-01-09 03:38 PM
    you can get to it from their site.

I just went there to find out more info about it but came up dry.

What is it exactly? I mean besides the whole new way to find music. What does this mean?
    04-01-09 03:39 PM
    you can get to it from their site.

I just went there to find out more info about it but came up dry.

What is it exactly? I mean besides the whole new way to find music. What does this mean?
    Basically if you are hearing a song and have no idea who it is or what the name of the song is, you can use this app to listen to the music and it tells you all the info about it. And it goes a few steps further to help you purchase the music.
    04-01-09 03:42 PM
    I went to mobile.blackberry.com on my Bold. The first link I saw was for the Appworld. Installed it OTA and thought it was a nice layout. I found Shazam under the featured apps and as the #1 Hot app.

Installed Shazam without a problem - neither required a reboot - my first test worked perfectly, identifying the correct song in about 10 seconds.

I'm satisfied - and I'd bet the 5 song a month maximum (when the 60 day trial ends) will be enough for me. I don't see myself using Shazam more than 5 times a month...but it's great to have for those times.
    04-01-09 03:45 PM
    What does the full-feature of Shazam on BlackBerry include?
    The feature enhanced version of Shazam on BlackBerry includes:

Tagging (unlimited)*
    *Usage policy applies. Basically this means you can tag 1000 tracks per month (32 tags per day)
    Aww shucks. Im not interested at all. A 32 tag per day cap. Not nearly enough. WTF!! A little April Fools sarcasm, lol. I will definitely be buying this app after the trial.
    Last edited by joonbugg; 04-01-09 at 03:56 PM.
    04-01-09 03:50 PM
    I dont see shazam. Using a bold 9000 that is unlocked and unbranded on at&t with .247. Anyone else with the same specs see Shazam?

I went to mobile.blackberry.com on my Bold. The first link I saw was for the Appworld. Installed it OTA and thought it was a nice layout. I found Shazam under the featured apps and as the #1 Hot app.

Installed Shazam without a problem - neither required a reboot - my first test worked perfectly, identifying the correct song in about 10 seconds.

I'm satisfied - and I'd bet the 5 song a month maximum (when the 60 day trial ends) will be enough for me. I don't see myself using Shazam more than 5 times a month...but it's great to have for those times.
    04-01-09 03:51 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who clearly is missing Shazam. I've been looking all day and it hasn't been in my appworld. I dl-ed app world around 8:30 this morning, and no shazam. I checked my roommate's bb storm also...no shazam.
    BB Storm running 4.7.0.114 on VZW.

I honestly thought I was going crazy.
    04-01-09 03:59 PM
    am I the only one that think this app sucks? At first i though it was some sort of internet radio app like flycast, pandora or slacker. What a disappointment. It's simply an app that ID's music? WTF?
    Last edited by JD914; 04-01-09 at 04:46 PM.
    04-01-09 04:24 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD