Check out appworld its there.. works GREAT
    03-31-09 11:47 PM
    AHHHHHHHHHH TODAY IS APRIL 1st. I HOPE THIS IS TRUE!!!!!
    03-31-09 11:51 PM
    It is, take a look at bb.com
    03-31-09 11:57 PM
    hmm, when trying to run shazam, it tries to go through the set up but i keep getting an error saying

"shazam needs to record to your phone, please set the permissions on your phone to allow recording"

usually the permission prompt comes up automatically, but isn't. how do i access permissions? and does it matter that i'm using ver. .247?
    04-01-09 12:23 AM
    go to options > advanced >applications find shazam press menu>edit permissions> expand the middle one i think by pressing menu and you will see record
    04-01-09 12:24 AM
    I'll be downloading this in the AM.
    04-01-09 12:30 AM
    thanks man, i got pretty close, i knew to go to applications, but i didn't know how to edit from there haha thanks again though, it works great!
    04-01-09 12:34 AM
    i love shazam!!!! best app ever!!..but you have to pay for it after a trial period..where on apple app store its free!
    04-01-09 01:31 AM
    same deal on the itunes app store.. they have to pay after 30 days.. i was curious so i read comments on the itunes store...
    04-01-09 01:34 AM
    same deal on the itunes app store.. they have to pay after 30 days.. i was curious so i read comments on the itunes store...
    You sure? because i have it installed on my ipod touch and it gives me no option to pay for it..the blackberry version gives me the option to pay for it now or later. Ive had shazam on my ipod touch forever also and never asked me to pay..guess the trial period for ipod touch is forever
    Last edited by rockinfigs; 04-01-09 at 01:58 AM.
    04-01-09 01:52 AM
    Ok so Im from mexico and cannot download app world
    Is there any ota link to download this app?
    Gracias

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 01:53 AM
    Looks like it's only free for two months.

04-01-09 02:05 AM
    I think you can continue to use it, but with "limited features" after that period. However, it's only a one-time fee of $4.99, if I'm not mistaken; that's a huge bargain, if you ask me!
    04-01-09 02:51 AM
    It SAYS it's free on App World but it's NOT.
    04-01-09 06:17 AM
    You sure? because i have it installed on my ipod touch and it gives me no option to pay for it..the blackberry version gives me the option to pay for it now or later. Ive had shazam on my ipod touch forever also and never asked me to pay..guess the trial period for ipod touch is forever
    Think it's the new version that asks you to pay? Not sure... be careful if you choose to update
    04-01-09 08:25 AM
    Think it's the new version that asks you to pay? Not sure... be careful if you choose to update
    I tried to find clearer info on the Blackberry page, and it appears to be non existent. What I do know about Shazam is there is the version that works via data and gives you immediate answers (ala iPhone). This was free. There is also a version where Shazam (ShazamID) sends you a text or e-mail with the information, this one costs money and works on all phones. The Shazam on Blackberry portion of Shazam.com errors out, so no info there. I would be curious if this is a new app (similar to the iPhone version), or just the old ShazamID repackaged as "For Blackberry". At this point I am very dubious about this application.
    04-01-09 08:32 AM
    Ok so Im from mexico and cannot download app world
    Is there any ota link to download this app?
    Gracias

It says it's only available to users in Canada, USA and the UK...

the link is Download BlackBerry App World if you want to try it
    Last edited by duffman1974; 04-01-09 at 09:05 AM.
    04-01-09 09:01 AM
    Awesome!!! Finally!! I just downloaded app world as well. Finally RIM is stepping up its app game lol

04-01-09 09:04 AM
    What's the big deal about shazam...except that you could previously only have it for the iphone? Please? Musicid was fine...give me some BB apps...I hope we don't get all their apple fartware

04-01-09 09:14 AM
    What's the big deal about shazam...except that you could previously only have it for the iphone? Please? Musicid was fine...give me some BB apps...I hope we don't get all their apple fartware

musicid is a at&t exclusive I believe?
    04-01-09 10:12 AM
    musicid is a at&t exclusive I believe?
    And it costs 99 cents per use.
    04-01-09 10:14 AM
    Good thing I carry my iPhone with me. I will not be purchasing this app after the trial.

04-01-09 10:21 AM
    I don't know why this app is so popular. I mainly listen to music I already own, and on those occasions when I do listen to the radio (in the car), I rarely experience the need to identify a song that's playing.
    04-01-09 10:28 AM
    I don't know why this app is so popular. I mainly listen to music I already own, and on those occasions when I do listen to the radio (in the car), I rarely experience the need to identify a song that's playing.
    I agree, however if it worked as well as it does on an iPhone, I would drop the 5 bucks on it just for the novelty. The wife's iPhone has it and it's actually pretty cool even if it rarely gets used. Most of the people complaining about the price spent more than that on coffee this morning.
    04-01-09 10:31 AM
    I agree, however if it worked as well as it does on an iPhone, I would drop the 5 bucks on it just for the novelty. The wife's iPhone has it and it's actually pretty cool even if it rarely gets used. Most of the people complaining about the price spent more than that on coffee this morning.
    I agree that it's not going to be used daily.. But in the event that I did use it.. I would greatly appreciate it.. My friend has used his iphone in a bowling alley to identify a song.. I mean things like that that catch you off guard
    04-01-09 10:36 AM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD