Software For BlackBerry� Bold (TM) 9700 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2342 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 6.0.0.2342
    Consisting of:

Applications: 6.0.0.526
    Software Platform: 6.6.0.195
    File name: 9700M_PBr6.0.0_rel2342_PL6.6.0.195_A6.0.0.526_AT_T .exe
    File size: 157.69MB

Located at the ATT downloads page
    04-28-11 08:50 AM
    Wow thought I would never see the day hehehe. Any ideas on how this build is? I stopped following OS6 after all my experiences included HUGE memory leaks =(
    04-28-11 09:09 AM
    526 seems like a slightly different number than I remember seeing. I'm sure someone will chime in...
    04-28-11 09:13 AM
    I just got it, was not expecting that it was the OS, thought it was just the desktop software or I would have waited. I'm not very good at these things so I'm kinda freaking out. Though once I found everything (I think) I must say they did a good job of making it fairly recognizable. Still, I can't imagine how you folks have the patience to try every release! I'm like, what if I can't find what time my appointment is in the morning???

I waited for the official release. Now that I did find my morning appointments (phew!) the first major thing I noticed was, "Wow it's a real browser with tabs!" and the second thing was, "Oh no, what do you mean I don't have enough memory for a second tab!" What the...

Any of you experts here on Maui I can feed in exchange for some hands-on help?

Do I need a more powerful phone for this? This memory leak thing, that I obviously have....tips, please?

Many thanks,

Excited and scared

ETA 6.0.0.2342 is what I got too. The other stuff I will have to hunt around for.
    Last edited by mrskittens; 04-28-11 at 09:36 AM.
    04-28-11 09:32 AM
    There are a few OS shrinkers out there that can help gain more memory. I'm loading now and I'll see how it goes. I usually have about 75MB free with 12 or so apps loaded. But some of those are nearly duplicates such three Golf GPS apps, along with 3 weather apps. If needed I'll slim those down to one each and check the others to see if I really need them.
    04-28-11 09:42 AM
    There are a few OS shrinkers out there that can help gain more memory. I'm loading now and I'll see how it goes. I usually have about 75MB free with 12 or so apps loaded. But some of those are nearly duplicates such three Golf GPS apps, along with 3 weather apps. If needed I'll slim those down to one each and check the others to see if I really need them.
    Wow, see, I don't think I had any other apps running (besides email) when I got the memory warning. I do have a bunch of apps but really not many AT ALL compared to hubby's android.

Sorry, forgot to say, shrinker sounds great, thanks in advance for info
    04-28-11 09:48 AM
    Any comparison to .534? Can someone review?
    04-28-11 09:54 AM
    Just did a quick check after it loaded. Took about 20 minutes for the full load up and restart. A bit sluggish at the moment, but I know that will speed up as it adjusts. As for free memory- before the update there were 75MD free- I now have 83MB Free and that's without deleting any apps so far. That's a pleasant surprise.
    Except- Blackberry Protect is broken. I'll uninstall then re-install to see if it fixes the problem. Still going through things, but since I'm at work it may take a while between doing some actual work...
    04-28-11 10:06 AM
    Opps- I stand corrected. Device memory is at 83MB, Application is down to 32.3... hmmm, have to keep an eye on that...
    04-28-11 10:15 AM
    When does it come out for rogers??
    04-28-11 10:15 AM
    There is definitely something wrong with me or my device/OS. I have almost all my memory free. I have hardly installed any apps and I keep almost no media on here either. Why would opening a second tab give me a memory warning?

I'm sorry if I am way out of my league here. You guys all seem like experts. Please feel free to direct me to the "what to expect when you do this upgrade" instructions. I am willing to RTFM. But I can only imagine what AT&T's help line is gonna be like when it's morning here.

I was doing just fine before (though I hated the browser, but now it's useless?)

I'm sorry if it's me. But I'm mad if it's the device/OS.
    04-28-11 10:27 AM
    Ya know what? As long as I only have this memory problem when opening a new tab, I'm no worse off than before.

And the rest of the OS so far is FAST and smooth and I love that!

I'm gonna chill. Sorry for being such a noob.
    04-28-11 10:42 AM
    Cool! I'm interested in hearing some more feedback from those who are upgrading from 5.0.xxx.

I've currently got 50.9mb free. Hopefully, that's enough to run this OS update. Any idea how much 6.0 takes up vs 5.0?
    04-28-11 11:26 AM
    OS6 is much larger than OS5 and unless you are prepared to 'shrink' the file prior to install expect you BB to lag. Just because at&t made this 'official' does not mean it will perform great out of the box.
    04-28-11 11:32 AM
    As mentioned already- still a bit sluggish. I'm hoping that will work itself out as it did for the last update. BB Podcast app also was messed up. Working on that one now. All the other apps seemed to have been seamlessly migrated other than having to login to them again. Then the process of hiding and deleting the unwanted stuff as I go along.
    04-28-11 11:35 AM
    OS6 is much larger than OS5 and unless you are prepared to 'shrink' the file prior to install expect you BB to lag. Just because at&t made this 'official' does not mean it will perform great out of the box.
    Do you have instructions on how to "shrink" the new O/S? How will the new O/S affect 5.0 O/S apps?
    04-28-11 11:43 AM
    Well in this way I'm happy to be the oddball. Not sluggish at all, in fact everything is so lightning fast I'm amazed!

Also impressed about the relatively seamless migration. I've hardly had to reconfigure anything. And I love all the new options.

The only weird thing so far is the second tab memory issue which like I said makes me no worse off than before. If it hadn't been the first thing I tried I don't think I would have panicked.
    04-28-11 11:46 AM
    Deleting and re-installing both BB Protect and the BB Podcast app seemed to fix whatever glitches there were.
    04-28-11 11:50 AM
    Deleting and re-installing both BB Protect and the BB Podcast app seemed to fix whatever glitches there were.
    That's good to know. I use the Podcast app daily and really like Protect. If I do the upgrade, I'll make sure I note what podcasts I'm subcribed to incase they're all gone after the install.
    04-28-11 12:02 PM
    When I did the reinstall the BB Podcast app, it re-synced correctly and brought all of them back. When I checked the list of BB installed apps in appworld it did show it, it was just broken. I deleted then reinstalled and it worked fine.
    Glenn J likes this.
    04-28-11 12:24 PM
    Do you have instructions on how to "shrink" the new O/S? How will the new O/S affect 5.0 O/S apps?
    04-28-11 12:26 PM
    When does it come out for rogers??
    Just download and delete the vendor.xml file.
    04-28-11 12:42 PM
    Sorry this is a silly question and I did reference to this article on updating the Blackberry OS BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

I downloaded the 9700M_PBr6.0.0_rel2342_PL6.6.0.195_A6.0.0.526_AT_T .exe and my BB Desktop is at version 6.0.2.42.

I ran the 9700M_PBr6...exe and it restarted my computer. After my computer booted up, I launched the BB Desktop software, but I never got a prompt to update to OS 6. Now the BB Desktop software keeps on saying connecting and doesn't progress any further.

Did I miss a step somewhere?

I've updated to the different OS 5 builds before without much issue.
    mrskittens likes this.
    04-28-11 12:47 PM
    Look around on here for "shrinking OS", it was pretty popular when the OS6 leaks started since it is a major chunk of real estate on these phones.
    As for OS5 apps, they seem to be fine- other than the already known issue with the various alerts (lot less and not all made the cut).
    04-28-11 12:47 PM
    Any word if there are any memory leak issues?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 12:50 PM
166 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD