08-26-08 11:22 PM
28 12
tools
    Hey phonegeek thanks for keeping us in the loop yet again. Can you do me a huge favor, when you get the Bold with the final OS on it can u keep a close eye on the file free memory for me and keep me posted. I don't know if you saw or not but a lot of members with Bold are having severe low memory issues. This concerns me because the Bold is supposed to have 128 mb of free useable flash memory which is double what my curve has and I'm in the 40's where some are as low as single digits with their Bolds. I'm hoping this is a software issue and not an issue with the Bold itself, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed regardless. Do you think it was just a severe memory loss on the phones or just a major OS issue? I sure hope so. Nontheless, they aren't using AT&T branded Bolds obviously and that's not there only issue at hand. Hopefully this will all get resolved by the release In October/November because if It does I will be jumping ship over to AT&T and adding a line to my girlfriends plan and getting my Bold Thank you in advance phonegeek! Please keep in touch when you do happen to get the device to test it out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Thanks all for the kind comments.

Raven, the application free memory shows at 37.3MB, the device mem shows a total of 859.2mb and free of 647.3mb (I have some music loaded).

I haven't had a chance to do too much testing of this just yet but I will try to let folks know if there is anything I find.

On another note, I have to take issue with some of the comments about the iPhone. As many of you know I am no fan of the iPhone and I regard it as just another product for the lemmings that buy anything with an apple logo on it. With that said calling the 3G iPhone launch a failure or even bad for ATT is not accurate. When you look at the number of devices sold between iPhone I and II the 3G is ahead of all sales for the same number of days by a 2 to 1 margin. Are there some problems, of course. There is not a device made today for any carrier, by any mfg that doesn't have some issues. The big problem is that with a high profile launch like iPhone or Bold the problems get more attention....
    08-26-08 09:32 PM
    Wow so if I'm understanding this correctly, they partition the memory into an application storage/media storage/ and normal operations? Is that what you mean by it has 37 mb for apps and then 6xx mb for normal operations and media files? I just don't understand why they would partition it that way and not utilize all the free memory for whatever we choose to do with it. It almost seems that we would hafta do RIMs version of jailbreaking the phone lol. Do you think any of this will change by the official release?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 10:45 PM
    I'm startin to loose it. Much appreciation for the updates guys.
    08-26-08 11:22 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD