I have trouble with web pages, my phone says the page is too large and just shuts down. If the new phones don't have better memory I am going to change to another phone.
    Any suggestions for remedy?
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 11:36 PM
    Android. The first question I ask every customer coming into my store looking for a new phone is what they're looking for in their device. More specifically if they plan on using it for the internet or for more basic features like email, text, gps, with the occasional google search. BlackBerrys are terrible internet devices. 1 because of screen size and 2 due to their lack of proccessor power. Thwy've never been an internet first device, they focus on what's important in a "phone". If your going to be doing enough internet stuff on it that this is something you'd even get, then you got the wrong handheld for you. I strongly suggest you take a look at some Android phones.

06-27-11 02:24 AM
    I would suggest trying the Opera Mini browser. I have never had issues with it.
    06-27-11 02:47 AM
    The Torch, 9780, and Style already have more memory, the new phones will have more memory AND better processors AND flash. But you could always go to Android and constantly charge your phone 'cause long periods of time online with them and they're dead. With the 9700, its just a RAM leak that's been a known issue of OS6 on it. But that's why RIM made the 9780, more RAM so the leak is not apparent. I would suggest trying Opera Mini and if you don't like it, try the Bolt Browser.

06-27-11 07:13 AM
    AND flash...
    No Flash until QNX

06-27-11 07:36 AM
    I could be wrong, but I remember seeing a blog post not too long ago about OS7 devices being delayed having something to do with flash. I'll look it up.

06-27-11 07:39 AM
    Hmm...either I misread or it changed since then. No flash on OS7, I'm still hoping we see QNX soon enough then. Either way, OS7 is a better OS and the phones running it will have more memory and better processors.

06-27-11 07:44 AM
    it's a common thing on 9700 with os 6 having browser crash like that.

i had enough with it and change it back to os 5 wayy more stable
    06-27-11 08:25 AM
    The Torch, 9780, and Style already have more memory, the new phones will have more memory AND better processors AND flash. But you could always go to Android and constantly charge your phone 'cause long periods of time online with them and they're dead. With the 9700, its just a RAM leak that's been a known issue of OS6 on it. But that's why RIM made the 9780, more RAM so the leak is not apparent. I would suggest trying Opera Mini and if you don't like it, try the Bolt Browser.

Or better yet shell out the dough it takes to have an Android powered tablet along side your BB. That's wjat I did and wouldn't turn back. For a long time I refused to carry multiple devices and laptops are just partially-portable desktops to me. Anyway, I realized that expecting anything decent out of a BlackBerry for internet use is like expecting your dog to respond to your commands vocally. Sure you can teach some to make sounds that resemble words, but they aint speakin'... So to say. Anyway, I agree that future BB devices seem to be aimed toward more internet friendly, and I hope they achieve this without losing what they already do right, and do so better. So far I'm not inpressed, and I'll stick with my tablet for internet use and BBs for phones with the occasional, necessary google/gps search.

06-27-11 05:55 PM
    I use Bolt when my BB browser does this to me...I hate Opera Mini...
    06-27-11 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD