For years I used Blackberry models 6200, 7200, 8700 and 8800 series devices,
    with Enterprise Outlook/Exchange, and the classic BB Dimension Icon theme.

Now I have a Bold for personal use using juno.com e-mail.

1. I don't have the option of creating a signature for e-mail. Shouldn't this be part of the BB software, without regard to my e-mail provider? Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

2. When I click on the Internet Icon I want it to immediately go to my bookmarks, not launch a home page. Is this possible on the Bold?

3. I am using Gokivo - it is wonderful. I heard they were going to start charging in May, but they didn't. Any news on this?

4. Is the NPR Player available on the BlackBerry? I can't find it listed in Apps.

Thanks for any help,

ypsi-slim
    07-05-09 03:58 PM
    1. Yes, you should be able to edit your signature... are you hooked up through BIS??

4. Stitcher Radio - Entertainment BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    07-05-09 04:20 PM
    1. On your ATT website go to email setup for BB
    For each account you can put a signature
    For signature for specific emails you can make a "shortcut" using the "edit auto text" function when you are in the new message part of the mail program.
    for example: it you type "mysig" it will return the signature stored in auto text.
    07-05-09 04:37 PM
    thejgeffect - What is BIS?

I know about Stitcher but I am looking for real time streaming from one specific station - WUOM

mandony: "1. On your ATT website go to email setup for BB..."

I don't know what you mean by "your ATT website". I just set up my juno.com
    e-mail on my BB. I will try your autotext suggestion.

Thanks.
    07-05-09 04:46 PM
    BIS is the server that Blackberry forwards its emails from...

If you have your emails set up it should be set up via BIS:

BlackBerry Internet Service

Can't help you on the specific station thing... I guess just try every radio app?
    07-05-09 05:03 PM
    BlackBerry Internet Server (personal is BIS).

Bold has MediaNet which is specific streaming, but you want music streaming, then you have Pandora, IheartRadio and Slacker. For movies, not many options out there other than YouTube or MediaNet.

AT&T has a BlackBerry email set up site, where you can add or delete email profiles. You must a registered account with your BlackBerry to get in: BlackBerry Internet Service
    07-05-09 05:03 PM
    ahah beat ya too it
    07-05-09 05:07 PM
    2. Go into your options in the browser. Select Browser Configuration and then Start Page for your default browser (under General Properties you select your default browser). There is an option for Bookmarks Page. I like setting it to Start Page. With that picked you get an area to type an address, an area to search, your most recently used bookmarks and your most recent history.
    07-05-09 07:01 PM
    thejgeffect - What is BIS?

mandony: "1. On your ATT website go to email setup for BB..."

I don't know what you mean by "your ATT website". I just set up my juno.com
    e-mail on my BB. I will try your autotext suggestion.

Thanks.
    Go here and create a login and you can then set up your signature https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    07-05-09 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD