1. Whenever i am in the middle of a text message or bbm typing my phone rings with a standard ringtone and not the one i have set? Is it because I my ringtone as a song off of my memory card?

2. I do not see a difference in speed between wifi and 3G if anything it seems like wifi is slower. Do you guys switch over to the hotspot browser when using wifi? because that seems like a pain in the A to have to go to options and switch the browser type every time i wanna use wifi.
    06-11-10 05:34 PM
    1) that is very odd. it should still pull the file from your SD card for the ringtone. try to reboot your device and see if issue still occurs, if so, move the file to the device instead of media card.

2) my wifi speed is significantly faster, but that could be based on the wifi connection in the spot you are in. I dont switch my browser ever, leave it as is, I leave wifi on all the time and it auto connects when I walk in the house.
    06-11-10 05:39 PM
    1. Whenever i am in the middle of a text message or bbm typing my phone rings with a standard ringtone and not the one i have set? Is it because I my ringtone as a song off of my memory card?

2. I do not see a difference in speed between wifi and 3G if anything it seems like wifi is slower. Do you guys switch over to the hotspot browser when using wifi? because that seems like a pain in the A to have to go to options and switch the browser type every time i wanna use wifi.
    1.) I had the same issue with my Tour as well - I think it's a bug in the OS. I have the same issue if I assign a custom ringtone to an individual contact - I get a standard message tone with any of their messages.

2.) For me personally - I've noticed increase in speed using WiFi.
    06-11-10 05:48 PM
    My WiFi is much faster as well. Leaving the WiFi on will drain the battery as it looks for signals. I turn mine on when I get home and turn it off when I leave. It doesn't impact the battery while connected. It should be twice as fast at least. The tests in the forum showed the OTA upgrade took 2 hours one way and only 1 hour via WiFi.
    06-11-10 05:51 PM
    1) that is very odd. it should still pull the file from your SD card for the ringtone. try to reboot your device and see if issue still occurs, if so, move the file to the device instead of media card.
    To alleviate card reading issues like this, I've always placed my ringtones and wallpapers in my device memory.
    06-13-10 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD