I am very interested in the new Bold 9930 but had a few questions.

1) When, if anyone knows, will the new Bold come to Verizon?

2) Will it be possible to disable the touch screen at times? I'm glad to see it has a touch screen but I remember back when I had a Palm Pixi at times I wished I could disable it.

3) I currently have an iPhone 4 16GB. Will I be able to sell it and buy one or do a trade for one with pretty even rates?
    I hate touch screen texting and only play games occassionally so the "downgrade" as people call it doesn't seem bad.

4) How open is BB OS? I assume not much. But how open is it compared to Android and the locked down iOS? Or is it just like WebOS?

Thanks
    Last edited by CryoVII; 08-10-11 at 08:33 PM.
    08-10-11 08:22 PM
    1) There's plenty of research available on this board on this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 08:24 PM
    Anyone with helpful info?

Thanks
    08-11-11 06:45 PM
    The phone will be coming out tomorrow I guarantee it.

If not tomorrow then the day after that I can almost guarantee it.

If not the day after tomorrow then the day after that. I can just about guarantee it.

If not the day after the day after tomorrow....
    08-11-11 06:51 PM
    1. No one knows yet.

2. I don't think that's an option, I haven't heard anyone mention it.

3. You shouldn't be that hard pressed to sell your iPhone, but it depends on what shape it's in, and if you can find an interested buyer.

4. It's nowhere near as open as Android, but I don't really understand how relevant that is. What do you need to do that makes this a consideration? It would be easier to answer the question if you were more specific on what made an open OS important to you.
    CryoVII likes this.
    08-11-11 06:54 PM
    1. Tomorrow*
    2. Yes, use just the keyboard. it's big enough that your fingers will stay away.
    3. Just need to find the right person. I wouldn't let you pay me to take that iPhone.
    4. Not even sure what you're trying to ask/do here.

*the date of this post is irrelevant, pay no attention to it
    CryoVII likes this.
    08-11-11 07:03 PM
    Thanks to both of you.

About the OS thing: I was curious because I like how in iOS w/ Jailbreak and WebOS you can get add-ons and such to make it personalized(Themes, Changing what buttons do, overclocking, etc.). I like to add certain things just to make it easier or more Mine. If that makes more sense.
    08-11-11 07:36 PM
    Themes and customizing shortcuts are readily available with no sort of "jailbreaking" necessary. As for overclocking, I don't really understand the whole process, but no I don't think you can make a BB do it.
    08-11-11 07:40 PM
    I have a ques.... Can you kill apps from running in the background?
    08-11-11 08:17 PM
    Themes and customizing shortcuts are readily available with no sort of "jailbreaking" necessary. As for overclocking, I don't really understand the whole process, but no I don't think you can make a BB do it.
    Hmm ok thank you Phil. I'm glad to hear that

I have sort of the same question as the above poster.
    And is there multitasking?
    08-11-11 08:32 PM
    We have users that want this device because the buttons and device are slightly larger than the bold 9650 but they don't want the touchscreen. Trying to find a way to disable the touchscreen. PLEASE HELP!!
    09-08-11 10:50 AM
    1. You can't disable the touchscreen. Tough luck, it won't work.

2. BBOS has had multitasking for a while now. Hold the menu button to show all currently running apps.

09-08-11 11:59 AM
    Its a good UPGRADE from iphone, NOT a downgrade, if its a downgrade then a lotta people are down grading

09-08-11 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD