Ok guys today my bold was ringing but the screen was blank...the number was not flashing and when I pressed the button to answer no response...so I tried pressing other button but the same thing

then as I was in the middle of my lunch after 5 min I was going to do a soft reset and when I pressed a button it was fine and the screen cam back on.

Any ways I soft set...

Any one have this issue

I was on .167 for 15 days and there was no issue at all with it
    01-28-09 02:26 AM
    Im on .216 and it is very stable. Never experienced any problems...

By the way, try a battery pull instead of a soft reset....
    01-28-09 03:36 AM
    battery pull my friend
    01-28-09 04:04 AM
    My memory is inconsintent with the .216. After the battery pull the memory will close to 40 and suddenly after 1 or 2 hrs it will down to to the lowest at 26. At that time I'm only running the YM and FB...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 05:59 AM
    My memory is inconsintent with the .216. After the battery pull the memory will close to 40 and suddenly after 1 or 2 hrs it will down to to the lowest at 26. At that time I'm only running the YM and FB...

FB and possibly YM are the culprits here...fb is notorious for memory leakage..i use it and dont have any trouble with it but then i always close the app down and keeping any messenger app open will also cause your memory to leak. Only messenger app you cannot close is BB messenger but thats not such a memory leaker.

But shut down FB and YM and you will see better memory management...im running 216 and my memory bottoms out at 38mb and never goes lower than that...if it does then shutting a few apps makes the memory go up rather than down.
    01-28-09 06:44 AM
    FB and possibly YM are the culprits here...fb is notorious for memory leakage..i use it and dont have any trouble with it but then i always close the app down and keeping any messenger app open will also cause your memory to leak. Only messenger app you cannot close is BB messenger but thats not such a memory leaker.

But shut down FB and YM and you will see better memory management...im running 216 and my memory bottoms out at 38mb and never goes lower than that...if it does then shutting a few apps makes the memory go up rather than down.
    Leakage and usage are different. FB is guilty of both, but not always. I have FB and Twitterberry and both are resource hogs. But my memory bottoms out between 26 and 30. That's usage. If it kept going down, that would be leakage. And at 26, the phone works as well as it did at 40.
    01-28-09 06:47 AM
    I had signal stregnth fluxuations with .216. Didn't really have it on the device long enough to monitor memory. The .210 OS has been pretty stable. I don't know if I have any memory leaks per se; it may just be the apps I'm running (namely Viigo - I really wish there was less of a memory hog RSS reader worth its weight). But I've been pretty happy with .210.
    01-28-09 07:14 AM
    There seems to be a lot of paranoia regarding memory leaks. Every app I use seems to be regarded as one of the most notorious for memory leaks. Someone else on the forum said this, if your phone is working fine, no clock popping up while trying to do simple stuff, then the amount of memory available is fine. Just stop looking at the amount of free memory you have and you will be much happier.
    01-28-09 08:26 AM
    Ha the culprits is non other that the blackberry case the phone comes with... thats cause I use to keep my phone on the case the the magnet in the case would activate the sleep mode so the screen would not light up

LOL
    06-15-09 05:30 AM
    Ha the culprits is non other that the blackberry case the phone comes with... thats cause I use to keep my phone on the case the the magnet in the case would activate the sleep mode so the screen would not light up

LOL
    wat?? <confused>
    06-15-09 05:34 AM

LOL
    LoL you bumped your own thread you created back in January with something totally irrelavent to it...

06-15-09 09:29 AM
    well yes it was a mistake on my end so I dont mind to admit it.
    06-15-09 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD