I'm not really expecting a solution, but just wanna see if this happens to others...
    When I am on the phone my face pushes does all kinds of damage on the touchscreen! Most of the time it starts a conference call with someone else, or it has gone into networks and turned off my mobile network connection. What I usually do is either lock my phone once I dial or hit back to the home screen. I also just go on speaker a lot to avoid it. Does this happen to anyone else?
    04-07-13 12:17 AM
    Never happened to me. the screen always goes black when it gets near my face so it doesnt push anything when my face touches the screen

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-07-13 12:41 AM
    .... I know plenty of people suffering this issue with the 9800 and the like.

All of them, without exception are rather round-faced though. :-)

I really don't think ther is a solution except using bluetooth headphone or lossing some pounds. :-)

Horace
    04-07-13 05:08 AM
    from what I know,the 9900 has a sensor that makes the screen dim when the phone is really close to an object,my 9900 always dim when I call..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-07-13 05:24 AM
    I'm not really expecting a solution, but just wanna see if this happens to others...
    When I am on the phone my face pushes does all kinds of damage on the touchscreen! Most of the time it starts a conference call with someone else, or it has gone into networks and turned off my mobile network connection. What I usually do is either lock my phone once I dial or hit back to the home screen. I also just go on speaker a lot to avoid it. Does this happen to anyone else?
    Yes, I've experienced that. It's sort of annoying when it happens at an inopportune moment.
    My solution was to use the paid version of PatternLock by Tafasa. Been using it for a few years.
    Besides the option to lock the screen during calls, there is an abundance of visual & sound customizations.
    I actually have a bit of fun messing around with it. Highly recommended.
    Tafasa :: PatternLock

BlackBerry World - PatternLock

There is a free lite version as well; however, it does not include features such as locking individual applications, the call screen or the entire device. You could try the free version to get a feel of it, and if you think it may suit your needs, you can then get the premium version if so inclined.
    BlackBerry World - PatternLock Lite

HTH
    04-07-13 09:06 AM
    What OS are you on? I did not have this issue with other OS's except with .794. Even the other bold in the family with .794 experiences this repeatedly. Sometimes, even up to 3x on a long call. But not so with other OS's. I've gone on to .825, .861 and .912 with no such issues.

You can try several things:
    1. lock the phone while on call/press the lock screen button on top
    2. load another OS;
    3. install a call confirm app that will ask you to confirm whether you would like to dial a number.
    04-07-13 11:46 AM
    I landed in an embarrassing situation once when speaking to my wife & face dialing the boss ...

Since then I use this below ... thou its a paid Apps, it saves you from further scenes ... It works w/o a hitch

BlackBerry World - Face Lock - Talk Lock -Calling Screen Lock for Touch Devices with interactive UI
    04-07-13 07:19 PM
    Before I realized the 'Face Dialing Phenomenon' of my 9900, I told my husband to get rid of his lousy MyTouch Phone, because he was always dropping my calls. Oops, , My Bad!

I installed 'TalkLock' by CellAvant & never again had an issue. If you need to unlock the screen while you are talking to access something, all you do is swipe the screen.

BlackBerry World - TalkLock

Oh & as to Horace's thought, I weigh 102 pounds, & doubt if dropping a few pounds would make any difference.
    04-08-13 12:17 AM
    Get a Z10/Q10!
    I used to have that problem regularly on my Torch. Drove me nuts, the amount of times I would face-speakerphone a call...or hang the call up entirely. I don't have that problem any more.

Posted via CB10 with my BB10 Z10
    04-08-13 12:31 AM
    Only time I ever had this problem was when I was trying to cradle the device between my ear and shoulder to free up my hands. If you keep the device pressed to your ear it wont happen. Never had the problem on my 9800, 9810, or 9900 once I realized where the sensor is located and the device needs to be held to the ear.

The device has a proximity sensor that will render the screen useless when pressed to your ear. You can test this by placing a call and laying your finger over the top of the device near the earpeice, if your screen does not "black out" then there is something wrong with your sensor.

The easiest and cheapest solution is to make sure your hair doesn't get between your phone and your ear, and to make sure you keep it pressed to your ear. I did try a screen lock app, but what I found was when I needed to actually put the device on speaker or conference I couldn't with these apps installed.
    04-08-13 04:35 AM
    Because of the so-called radiation effect I always use a bluetooth headset.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-08-13 11:18 AM
    Rotflmbo...I'm reminded of Steve Jobs :"Don't hold it like that! "

Posted via CB10 with my BB10 Z10
    04-08-13 12:45 PM
    Or use Tgrape and it'll lock it when you're on the phone.
    BlackBerry World - TGrape Lock
    04-08-13 01:20 PM
    All you have to do is put the top of the phone to your ear first. The proximity sensor is on the top of the phone and if you trigger it and keep the phone to your ear you will be fine. If you want to see how it works make a call, wave your hand across the phone and watch the screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 01:52 PM
    i like face dialing. I use my nose or my tongue.....
    toobs623 likes this.
    04-08-13 02:27 PM