I know there are a lot of thread out there about memory leaks on OS6 but I haven't seen one this extreme, I just wiped my phone to install the OS6 latest one, I started off with 82MB then I only downloaded the bridge app after that it drops from 82 to 57 in like 1 minuite, is it normal for bridge to do that? There are no any other apps except bbm on my phone and even with bbm has no contacts right now since I haven't restore anything onto it.
    07-26-11 07:15 AM
    I don't use bridge, but that seems like a lot of memory for any app to reserve. Does free memory continue to decrease, or is it stable around 57mb? If you reboot, does the memory come back to around 82mb, then drop again?
    07-26-11 07:21 AM
    Same here. I am installing 615 today, but ever since I upgraded to OS6 I have had extreme memory leaks. I have to reset my phone at least 4x day. If I don't it becomes unusable.

I start out with around 35mb and within 1hr it drops to less than 20mb and that is when it it holstered.

What details can I give to help me solve this.
    07-26-11 08:20 AM
    after I rebooted it start off with around 72 mb now after about 5 mins it's not 50.2 mb now, will continue to observe for the next 15 mins to see if it drops further

edit:

15 mins later It's now 41.6 mb
    Last edited by iBURT; 07-26-11 at 08:41 AM.
    07-26-11 08:21 AM
    after I rebooted it start off with around 72 mb now after about 5 mins it's not 50.2 mb now, will continue to observe for the next 15 mins to see if it drops further

edit:

15 mins later It's now 41.6 mb
    Since you don't have anything else installed, it may be your theme is not compatible with your new OS version. If you are not using a carrier theme, you might try changing to that and see if your memory stabilizes. If changing themes doesn't solve the problem, you'll probably need to roll back to the previous OS version. If you have the old version and the new version both installed on your PC, simply delete the new OS version and run the App Loader. It will detect the change in OS and ask you if you want to downgrade. If you don't have the previous OS installed, you'll have to install it first.
    07-26-11 10:05 AM
    Since you don't have anything else installed, it may be your theme is not compatible with your new OS version. If you are not using a carrier theme, you might try changing to that and see if your memory stabilizes. If changing themes doesn't solve the problem, you'll probably need to roll back to the previous OS version. If you have the old version and the new version both installed on your PC, simply delete the new OS version and run the App Loader. It will detect the change in OS and ask you if you want to downgrade. If you don't have the previous OS installed, you'll have to install it first.
    Even compatible themes can cause memory problems. I have never been much into themes, but tried a few recently; out of curiosity, mostly. I was surprised at how badly a couple of them ate up memory.
    07-26-11 01:55 PM
    i don't have any theme install on my bb i guess i will have to reinstall the previous os but even with the old one there still a bag leak nonetheless and when i reboot my bb it takes like 15 mins for the loading clock to go away and settle the lag
    07-26-11 02:58 PM
    i don't have any theme install on my bb i guess i will have to reinstall the previous os but even with the old one there still a bag leak nonetheless and when i reboot my bb it takes like 15 mins for the loading clock to go away and settle the lag
    I think the latest OS 5 might be your best bet if memory leaks are driving you up the wall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 03:17 PM
    The Bridge app is a major memory leak/usage. On my 9650, I would be stable at 304-306 mb free for days but as soon as I bridge to my PlayBook, even for an hour, it would be down to 285 mb range. It doesn't go back up even after I disconnect Bridge and turn off the bluetooth.

07-26-11 08:08 PM
    I am curious if you shrunk at anytime your OS to free up more memory.
    07-26-11 10:05 PM
    The Bridge app is a major memory leak/usage. On my 9650, I would be stable at 304-306 mb free for days but as soon as I bridge to my PlayBook, even for an hour, it would be down to 285 mb range. It doesn't go back up even after I disconnect Bridge and turn off the bluetooth.

that's probably the reason behind all this, is it because of the cache built up during data transfer?

and no i didn't shrink the os, i tried to do it with bbsak just couldn't figure how to
    07-26-11 11:48 PM
    that's probably the reason behind all this, is it because of the cache built up during data transfer?

and no i didn't shrink the os, i tried to do it with bbsak just couldn't figure how to
    Search google for BB BOSS. You'll find the thread on crackberry, jump to the last page.

07-27-11 12:01 AM
    i too have been having crazy leaks on my 9700. i narrowex it down to the BB Bridge app snd Music wireless sync. Once I uninstalled noth these apps the leak stops. toput it into perspective before removing those two i was going from 60 MB to 0 in about 10hours or less. now i go from 60 to 20 but never below that.

I'm running 615 and shrunk OS.
    07-27-11 02:53 AM
    RAM for me is between 16MB and 11MB. Lowest it got was 4MB. The memory leak is random access memory.

Storage is likely used as virtual memory, which explains the timer icon showing up, produces the flash memory leak.

I'm seriously considering to jump back to OS 5. I'll miss the features, but heck if it's worth the browser not closing on me every time, I'll do it. It'll be a downgrade from being able to record 640x480 video. I don't mind 480x360 at all.

I'll miss the YouTube app the most.
    07-27-11 03:02 AM
    I'm considering doing the same. Love the updated features of OS6 as well, but I'm getting tired of the memory leaks and always having to shrink my OS. Even shrinking it doesn't completely alleviate the memory leak issue.

Functionality prevails over updated features in my opinion.

07-27-11 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD