Has anyone else had problems with this. When i first got my 9900 it didnt seem too bad. But now it crackles and sometimes can't barely hear people on speaker phone.I have had the phone for about 6 months.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-12-12 06:43 PM
    My 9930 does the same thing, started a couple weeks ago. Software changes and wipes did nothing for me. I called Verizon last night and they have a new one on it's way for me.
    07-12-12 06:50 PM
    Sounds like a blown speaker.
    07-12-12 06:52 PM
    Before you give up the ghost, try inserting your headphone jack in an out of the port. It may have not closed properly the last time you took it out. This has worked for others.
    07-12-12 09:51 PM
    Before you give up the ghost, try inserting your headphone jack in an out of the port. It may have not closed properly the last time you took it out. This has worked for others.
    Not bad advice, did nothing for me though. I use my phone to listen to music everyday on my bike ride to and from work, but my speaker has been crap for at least a couple weeks.
    07-12-12 09:58 PM
    you MUST be upset if you spelled "terrible" that way

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-13-12 07:15 AM
    Not bad advice, did nothing for me though. I use my phone to listen to music everyday on my bike ride to and from work, but my speaker has been crap for at least a couple weeks.
    I don't know how the connection to the speaker is on our Bolds, but I had the same issue with an old Nextel that I disassembled and found that the speaker wasn't blown. The speaker was not hard wired but simply sat on its contact points which had become dark. Erased the carbon and it was better than new. Don't know your warranty status or your comfort level with disassmbling this beast. But all else fails I'm sure you could find a video on youtube.
    07-13-12 07:41 PM
    I ran into the same issue a couple months back. I ordered a new external speaker off ebay and swapped it out....fairly easy if you're the patient type with the proper tools & knowledge..
    07-13-12 09:30 PM
    I ran into the same issue a couple months back. I ordered a new external speaker off ebay and swapped it out....fairly easy if you're the patient type with the proper tools & knowledge..
    I had my phone completely unassembled and couldn't figure it out. Either the one they sent me from ebay is too big, or I just couldn't find where to replace it. The speaker (for ring tones, music, etc) is at the bottom of the phone, correct? Is it in a plastic housing? I couldn't figure out how to get access to it to replace it...

Thanks,
    07-09-13 12:22 AM
    I had my phone completely unassembled and couldn't figure it out. Either the one they sent me from ebay is too big, or I just couldn't find where to replace it. The speaker (for ring tones, music, etc) is at the bottom of the phone, correct? Is it in a plastic housing? I couldn't figure out how to get access to it to replace it...

Thanks,
    Yeah it's in the little plastic housing at the bottom. I couldn't seem to remove mine at first until I exerted a little bit of force. It seems it's held together with glue or something along with that tiny bit of tape. Once removed, it's a simple swap then put the little housing cover back on.
    hondaf17 likes this.
    07-09-13 05:33 PM
    Yeah it's in the little plastic housing at the bottom. I couldn't seem to remove mine at first until I exerted a little bit of force. It seems it's held together with glue or something along with that tiny bit of tape. Once removed, it's a simple swap then put the little housing cover back on.
    Ok, I'll try again tonight.
    07-09-13 06:25 PM
    Got it! I was kind of nervous removing that black housing, as it seems connected to the motherboard. But with a little care I got it to pop off and the new loud speaker works great. There should be a you tube video dedicated just to that part of the process, as I feel the 9900/9930 could be around for awhile, and speakers will get blown.

Thanks!
    tryfe likes this.
    07-09-13 11:21 PM
    Got it! I was kind of nervous removing that black housing, as it seems connected to the motherboard. But with a little care I got it to pop off and the new loud speaker works great. There should be a you tube video dedicated just to that part of the process, as I feel the 9900/9930 could be around for awhile, and speakers will get blown.

Thanks!
    You're welcome. I myself had a minor cosmetic issue the last time I opened up my phone to replace the camera flash & put a keyboard screw through the top of the phone. Those screws are longer, so the result was a screw going through the back of my phone leaving me with a tiny 'breather' hole lol. Always have to remember that the longer screws go at the bottom of the keyboard..
    07-10-13 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD