I use my Bold to work out (since my 80gb video ipod got jacked ) and it seems to work just fine. What I don't like is how it scans the ENTIRE media card for audio and just dumps it into the playlist. I've created specific playlists (i.e. meditation stuff for when I'm goin to bed or whatever) but once you hit "shuffle" it mixes all that stuff with the rest of my music.

Personally I prefer the iPod's music-specificity (is that a word?) - then again, when I use the Bold, i never miss my calls/messages etc. Yes it can be distracting but I like to think I stay pretty focussed in the gym
    07-09-09 10:57 AM
    The bold's headphone out quality is terrrrrible!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 06:26 PM
    The bold's headphone out quality is terrrrrible!

Have you adjusted the boost in the media
    Options menu?

07-09-09 06:31 PM
    I bought a Motorola Bluetooth headset. (s9-HD)

Do not buy this for jogging/running..

It skips and goes in and out (the SAME as if you were running & carrying a portable CD player)
    It works well otherwise.
    This is not a Bold issue as it happens with my ipod touch 3.0 also.

So I'm forced to use a wired headset
    07-09-09 06:50 PM
    Regardless what I do...

When I want my music I have my iPod.

When I want everything else, I have my Blackberry.
    07-10-09 02:01 PM
    Only time I use mine for music is when I'm listening to slacker radio at work.

Anyone else use slacker and think it destroys battery life?
    yeah slacker and other internet media stream apps do suck the life out of the battery..there's really no way of getting around this except maybe getting the extended battery or if your device is on the charger...
    07-10-09 02:28 PM
    allsportgps pro for all gps tracking and data of your work out. pretty useful tool when mountain biking. IMO Pandora>Slacker...and yes battery life is a bit short...but thats expected..
    07-10-09 02:57 PM
    I use my Bold when I workout at home. I just blast the music using the speakers. It's loud enough for me. But when I go biking I don't listen to music at all.
    I use my bold on my exercise bike in my pocket with bluetooth, but haven't played any music. I agree on Federer. Awesome player with super class.
    07-10-09 03:34 PM
    Two questions

1. How far would they work?
    2. What if your not on a treadmill?

its about 30 m rated(usually for bluetooth devices)
    but i usually have it on my holster when im working out, or no more than 10m away from it
    if im on a treadmill/elliptical i put it where your supposed to keep your waterbottle
    07-11-09 12:22 PM
    Music player capabilities aside, I came across a workout tracker for BB on another site. The program (and main website) is called SportyPal and it's geared toward runners or cyclers to track their time/distance workouts. It looks like a neat app/website, so I installed it on my Bold, but haven't tried it out yet, beyond doing basic setup. It's free. Now if I can just motivate myself to actually, you know, "run"...

The website - which I don't have enough posts to mention yet - can be found at "3w" sportypal dot com. I found the app on the Brenda Cares Corner Blackberry Blog.
    07-12-09 01:32 AM
    My Bold is in Transit, but i use a ipod when i go for runs and no music when i lift weights cords from the ear buds just get in the way.... last thing i want to deal with on runs is a phone or messages.
    07-12-09 10:03 AM
    I use my bold on my exercise bike in my pocket with bluetooth, but haven't played any music. I agree on Federer. Awesome player with super class.

Do you use it for calls or something? I love Federer. He is the best player of all time and a very classy player.
    07-12-09 11:31 AM
    What is so bad about the BB B for music? It can play mp3, WMA, and AAC (mp4). Which is something the iPhone can't do without converting WMA to mp3 files. I found my Bold to be every bit as good for music and anything on the market.
    07-12-09 11:46 AM
    Music player capabilities aside, I came across a workout tracker for BB on another site. The program (and main website) is called SportyPal and it's geared toward runners or cyclers to track their time/distance workouts. It looks like a neat app/website, so I installed it on my Bold, but haven't tried it out yet, beyond doing basic setup. It's free. Now if I can just motivate myself to actually, you know, "run"...

The website - which I don't have enough posts to mention yet - can be found at "3w" sportypal dot com. I found the app on the Brenda Cares Corner Blackberry Blog.
    I'm also using it on Bold, very functional, especially for those that are running or cycling or just walking around.
    Very functional software that uses the GPS to track speed and distance mainly, but also will track elevation during an activity then allows you to upload it to the Sportypal website where you can analyze your stats and track, all that for free. The application starts, acquires satellites connectivity, then you hit the �Start� button when you are ready to get moving. Also have the ability to change to a map view that will use Google Earth to display your location on a map in real time. It's free and must have it I think.
    07-14-09 07:01 AM
    Put it down and pick up my iPod.
    +1

I try not to use my Bold as an MP3/Media player for long periods because of Battery Life. I use my 4G 16GB Green iPod nano when working out.
    07-14-09 08:44 AM
    When i am running with my bold i like to take pictures of all the sexy topless girls on the beaches ... hehehe and do so with berryannoying = no click sound.

I don't use the flash option either as my Bolds Camera already gets Flashed Enough from the girls on the beaches ... it can't handle to much stress....

Seriously though ..... i listen to music on it.
    07-14-09 08:48 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD