Has anyone tried exchanging their Bold with a crooked trackpad for one that isn't? I would think VZW would be inclined to accept this exchange given the trackball issues for so many Tour users. Anyone know? I don't want to waste my time going to the store if they won't exchange it.
    07-12-10 01:44 PM
    Plenty of stories of people trying for multiple units that all had crooked trackpads.
    07-12-10 01:48 PM
    Plenty of stories of people trying for multiple units that all had crooked trackpads.
    I've heard the same stories about people looking at 3 or 4 boxes before they find one they like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 03:55 PM
    The display models I've looked at in a few stores all have the crooked trackpad. It's probably a crap shoot whether the employees will let you go through boxes to find one that isn't crooked and just saying that they're supposed to be like that. It's worth a shot if you don't want to fix it yourself.
    07-12-10 04:54 PM
    i had 4 with a crooked trackpad form customer service and took them to the store to swap and the 4 they pulled out all the same way so i refused them and jumped ship to android until bb can step it up
    07-12-10 04:59 PM
    Blackberry 9650 = crooked trackpad out of the box...but it WORKS!
    07-12-10 05:01 PM
    Do the sprint ones have crooked trackpads
    07-12-10 05:33 PM
    I don't think RiM cares about these little things. Its not like they came out and said we made defective phones please go to yur local store to exchange. I have yet to see any word from rim about defects on there phones. They don't even let us know when there are outages.
    I think blackberries r awesome just wish the company that makes them would care about there product a little more
    Last edited by juttin3; 07-12-10 at 06:31 PM.
    07-12-10 06:21 PM
    Do the sprint ones have crooked trackpads
    Yes, the Sprint version has the crooked trackpad too. Bought from Best Buy 3 wks ago and didn't check it out before I left the store. Went back 3 days later to change out, others had it. Went to Sprint store next, only had two on hand, both crooked. Everyone says they never noticed or had anyone say anything. Really?

07-12-10 07:09 PM
    My second one I got from in the store has an almost perfect trackpad but paint wore off the keyboard. They gave me 4 after that and 3 had a terribly crooked trackpad and the one that had a good trackpad had a very crooked side button. Very disappointed in RIM. Nice phone cheaply built. Had to keep me second one with all the paint coming off. Last POS BB I will buy. Stuck with a phone for year and a half that already looks two years old. JOKE
    07-12-10 07:15 PM
    I didn't notice until I read about it in a thread here. To each their own, but given some other issues folks are talking about I'd rather stick with mine as it's perfect except for the trackpad which is a non-issue imo anyway. Depends on who ya are I guess if it's going to bug you or not. Considering all the complaints it makes me think everybody elses trackpad must be out a country mile or something. Guess I'm the only one with a slightly crooked tp. NOT,.... most likely I'm less picky. Now a bad battery, paint peeling keys, stuck keys would cause me to exchange, but this issue? Naw, besides why risk getting one with a diff issue? Pick your battles.
    07-12-10 07:21 PM
    my issue is that if the trackpad sinks at an angle (in addition to being crooked)...

then who knows what it'll be like after 1 year.

i'd rather try replacing now to correct while i can
    07-14-10 02:16 PM
    my issue is that if the trackpad sinks at an angle (in addition to being crooked)...

then who knows what it'll be like after 1 year.

i'd rather try replacing now to correct while i can
    Seems as the problem is a wire that gets loged under the TP during assembly. You can fix it if it bothers you that much, see the thread on this forum with instructions on how to do it.

As for me, it is not an issue. I agree iwth cbreze.
    07-14-10 02:41 PM
    Seems as the problem is a wire that gets loged under the TP during assembly. You can fix it if it bothers you that much, see the thread on this forum with instructions on how to do it.

As for me, it is not an issue. I agree iwth cbreze.
    I had six different Bolds so I really understand why some people say it doesn't bother them and some it does. Out of six every single trackpad layed different. None where perfect but I did finally get one that you really have to look to see it was off. But the others where just way off in all sorts of directions. RIM should be failed on finishing this device off. Should have kept it off the shelves for 6 more months and worked on the hardware too
    07-14-10 06:22 PM
    cbreze said it perfectly. I would have never even noticed the ever-so-slight slanting of my trackpad had I not read about the issue on these boards. My device works almost flawlessly and I am not willing to take the chance of swapping out my Bold and getting one that has a real problem. My Bold is a keeper.
    07-15-10 10:30 AM
    my question is : are all trackpads the same? I mean 8530 with 9700 and 9650? Cause I was looking on Ebay and there are plenty of 9700 trackpads for sale for like 9$ with the ribbon cable included. Will it work on a 9650?
    07-15-10 03:50 PM
    A friend of mine has a 9700 and the trackpad is completely sunken below the back and menu buttons. I'll stick with my slightly tilted one
    07-15-10 06:31 PM
    This is a $500 phone. There should be no defects with the hardware.
    09-30-10 03:45 PM
    I noticed the crooked trackpad right away on my Bold, however it never bothered me. My first reaction was to exchange it but if I did that I'd have to get aquainted with a level track pad, and the slight balance issue didnt bother me enough. My question is, is there a film on the track pad that I must have on it or will cause damage? In the last couple days I notice a little film coming up on the high side and today it chipped of on one side. should I be very concerned or is it useless material. Should I rush to the store and get it fixed or what?
    09-30-10 04:03 PM
    I took mine back, but after looking at all the display models that were all crooked...I was like, "it works...well." It wasn't worth my time with having to resync it, BBM, and all that. So I'm fine with mine.

09-30-10 04:26 PM
    After reading this thread I didn't realize so many individuals needed to get a life........
    09-30-10 04:44 PM
    Has anyone tried exchanging their Bold with a crooked trackpad for one that isn't? I would think VZW would be inclined to accept this exchange given the trackball issues for so many Tour users. Anyone know? I don't want to waste my time going to the store if they won't exchange it.
    I just got my 9650 with Sprint, track pad looks crooked but its not, look very closely. It might be raised on one end (mine is left side raised) & it creates an optical illusion. No big deal to me, loving the phone
    10-01-10 05:29 AM
    Compared to the storm2 that I finally was able to get out of, Ill take the crazy trackpad visual issue. Atleast it works everytime I need it, unlike the storm POS.

Happy to have a bold. Solid.

10-01-10 06:27 AM
    I just got my 9650 with Sprint, track pad looks crooked but its not, look very closely. It might be raised on one end (mine is left side raised) & it creates an optical illusion. No big deal to me, loving the phone
    Exactly! Love it, love your phone. Deal.
    10-01-10 06:52 AM
    This is a $500 phone. There should be no defects with the hardware.
    It's not defective, the trackpad works. Get over your OCD.

After reading this thread I didn't realize so many individuals needed to get a life........
    +1

Compared to the storm2 that I finally was able to get out of, Ill take the crazy trackpad visual issue. Atleast it works everytime I need it, unlike the storm POS. Happy to have a bold. Solid.
    LOL
    Last edited by plkcable; 10-01-10 at 07:21 AM.
    10-01-10 07:18 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD