I know this question has been asked numerous times. The search function wasn't answering my question though or it the thread was so old that I don't know if it is applicable anymore. I ask the crackberry community:

Can i get a fully functional sync experience using only a BIS plan with my Exchange email at work?

I don't think its a full exchange server though because there is a standard web outlook page. It uses this server name which I think is universal (Server name: pod51011.outlook.com) but I dont want to purchase another Blackberry and have to upgrade my plan an extra $15 a month.

Thanks in advance.
    03-11-13 07:10 AM
    I use BIS on my Bold9900 to access my work (UK University) MSExchange Emails without any problem. It's basic, in that I can only see mail in my Inbox (and that which has been sent directly from the Bold9900 handset) but it works well, and is very fast. Reading Emails on the handset syncs back to server (marked as read/unread), but not vice versa. I think that you can also sync Exchange Calendar and Contacts; although I do not use that facility personally. [Edit: perhaps not! see this discussion]

Is it as comprehensive as BES? I doubt it, but don't really know as I have no experience of accessing Exchange Email via BES.
    brdl04 likes this.
    03-11-13 08:20 AM
    I just didnt know if there is a difference between a true exchange server with BES and one that we use microsoftonline.com services to have "exchange" type capabillity.
    03-11-13 08:22 AM
    I just didnt know if there is a difference between a true exchange server with BES and one that we use microsoftonline.com services to have "exchange" type capabillity.
    To get full BlackBerry sync over BIS, you need to use an Enterprise level Office365 account, which includes the ability to setup your phone on the BlackBerry cloud services. On services like outlook.com, you only get email and contact sync.
    03-11-13 09:21 PM
    To get full BlackBerry sync over BIS, you need to use an Enterprise level Office365 account, which includes the ability to setup your phone on the BlackBerry cloud services. On services like outlook.com, you only get email and contact sync.
    Sounds like brdl04 already has exchange, no need for office365...
    brdl04, i have a bis plan on TMO and setup a BES Express server with my exchange 2007 server at work and have never looked back. Feels like full BES experience with BIS data plan because everything syncs.
    Hope this helps!
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-12-13 03:59 PM