"Hey, do you guys have the new Blackberry Bold in stock yet?"

And post their EXACT response. This thread has the potential to be informative and humorous at the same time .

My local store opens in 7 minutes so I'll post back after that.
    10-27-08 08:54 AM
    This was from me visiting the store yesterday.
    "No, we don't have it in stock yet. We're getting a delivery next Tuesday, try back late next week."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 09:00 AM
    I called every Best Buy in the state of Florida yesterday. And every store said they didn't have them in stock....BUT! they said if they had them in stock they could sell them. They also told me stock trucks usually come in on Tuesday and Friday. So maybe tomorrow he told me. Thats good news they can sell them before the 4th but who knows if there going to have stock before then.
    10-27-08 09:03 AM
    Called just now:

"Um hold on lemme check..."

*crappy, yet catchy hold music*

"No we do not."

Cool. Well maybe lunchbox is right and they'll have them tomorrow.
    10-27-08 09:07 AM
    I was in there yesterday to play with the dummy phone and asked them if they had any in and if they did could he sell them and he said 'yea you want me to go get you one?'

McDonough GA store
    10-27-08 09:18 AM
    Thre are two Best Buy stores in my area of Long Island. The first one said they have them in stock but cannot sell them until the 4th. The other one had a harder time answering my question. At first the guy told me that the shipment would arrive this Tuesday and they would start selling them. In the background you then heard his manager giving him the third degree and he apologized to me and said he was wrong and that it would be sold on the 4th. Today I'm going to stop by the BB Mobile Store in NYC that told me they were selling the phone Oct 26th no matter what. I'll keep you posted.
    10-27-08 09:19 AM
    BB, South Jersey- "Not in the warehouse yet".
    10-27-08 09:42 AM
    Im in Florida and was told yesterday that they will have it in Nov. 4th, but they aren't even sure about the 4th because they think it might get delayed again.

I'm calling the one by my house today to see what they say. Will post that response later.

10-27-08 09:43 AM
    Just called my local store, they have tons in stock and are selling them now.

I am located in the UK

Come and get em
    10-27-08 09:48 AM
    Just left Best Buy and they have no idea when they will have them or what the price will be. Guess we will have to wait until the Nov 4th date from AT&T.
    10-27-08 10:10 AM
    Got off the phone with Skokie, Illinois Best Buy. They tell me they're in stock and selling them. Price quoted is consistent with previous info. I'm going later...
    10-27-08 10:16 AM
    I just called and spoke with the wireless dept.

They say it might be in tonight. They have a truck deliveing but they don't have the bold yet and should have had it already. Rep asked if I qualified for the upgrade(I do) and asked if i had a data plan already(I do).

2yr price 349.99

Outright buy price is 679.00

no option for 1 yr. contract.

She took my name and number and will call me tomorrow and let me know if it is in.

Matthew Stone
    10-27-08 10:19 AM
    Does anyone find it odd that Best Buy is selling the phones before AT&T is? I thought AT&T had exclusive rights for like the first week or two?
    10-27-08 10:23 AM
    "Do you have the BB Bold In?"

"What's a Bold?"

"Seriously?"

10-27-08 10:31 AM
    Does anyone find it odd that Best Buy is selling the phones before AT&T is? I thought AT&T had exclusive rights for like the first week or two?
    Nope. AT&T makes no money when they sell the Bold; in fact, they lose money which they will recupe over a 2 year contract.
    10-27-08 10:35 AM
    Skokie does not have it FYI. They hope tomorrow. Also there are none in transit anywhere. So it is probably feasible that AT&T is saying wait until the 4th. But who knows.
    10-27-08 10:36 AM
    why not just wait til the 4th, thats just next tue.
    10-27-08 10:47 AM
    why not just wait til the 4th, thats just next tue.
    BC they don't want to!
    10-27-08 10:53 AM
    It's up on the BB website:

AT&T - BlackBerry Bold 9000 Cell Phone - Black - 9000

I tried to locate it at any of my local BBs with the search on the site and came up with nothing. Besides though, I wouldn't pay BB that much money especially when AT&T is much cheaper.
    10-27-08 10:55 AM
    I have lookeda round and have not found an answer yet. What is the exact non-contract price from AT&T? Thanks
    10-27-08 11:00 AM
    This should be fun...will call my local best buy when they open at 10.

10-27-08 11:11 AM
    Just Called All Over Long Island And Most Of Them Laughed But One Girl Told Me She Knows They Are Coming In About A Day Or 2 But No Stock In Any In Long Island Area And Queens And City
    10-27-08 11:13 AM
    I have lookeda round and have not found an answer yet. What is the exact non-contract price from AT&T? Thanks

wondering the same thing and why does BB charge more?
    10-27-08 11:14 AM
    BB: "Best Buy Kanata, Darren speaking"
    Me: "Hi Darren, I was just on the crackberry forums and a user asked us to call our local Best Buy store and ask if you have the Blackberry bold in stock"
    BB: "What?"
    Me: "Yeah, if you go to crackberry.com the thread is in the Bold 9000 section"
    BB: "Uhhhh, let me get a supervisor for you"
    Me: "I don't need a supervisor, I need to know if you have the Blackberry bold in stock"
    BB: "You know Rogers has had that device out since the summer, right?"
    Me: "I know, but the guy on crackberry.com told me I have to call - am I supposed to get a free gift or something from AT&T?"
    BB: "We don't have AT&T in Canada, ma'am"
    Me: "Oh yeah, I forgot! But do you have any in stock"
    BB: "Yes, we do - would you like me to put one aside for you?"
    Me: "No thanks, I already have one. Just figured I would ask"
    BB: "Oooook...is there anything else I can help you with?"
    Me: "Nope, thanks Darren, have a good day!"
    10-27-08 11:19 AM
    BB: "Best Buy Kanata, Darren speaking"
    Me: "Hi Darren, I was just on the crackberry forums and a user asked us to call our local Best Buy store and ask if you have the Blackberry bold in stock"
    BB: "What?"
    Me: "Yeah, if you go to crackberry.com the thread is in the Bold 9000 section"
    BB: "Uhhhh, let me get a supervisor for you"
    Me: "I don't need a supervisor, I need to know if you have the Blackberry bold in stock"
    BB: "You know Rogers has had that device out since the summer, right?"
    Me: "I know, but the guy on crackberry.com told me I have to call - am I supposed to get a free gift or something from AT&T?"
    BB: "We don't have AT&T in Canada, ma'am"
    Me: "Oh yeah, I forgot! But do you have any in stock"
    BB: "Yes, we do - would you like me to put one aside for you?"
    Me: "No thanks, I already have one. Just figured I would ask"
    BB: "Oooook...is there anything else I can help you with?"
    Me: "Nope, thanks Darren, have a good day!"
    Love the detail of the convo! That is classic
    10-27-08 11:24 AM
205 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD