9700 is supposedly coming to Europe first... now why would this be? I heard this time RIM is going to go national defence and give Canada an advantage towards the new 9700 Onyx/Merlin.

All I know for sure is that RIM is releasing this one economicly strategic for it's own business....

Any opinions??????
    08-11-09 09:33 PM
    Well, the GSM market in Europe is huge. Hate to say it, but Canada hardly ranks in comparison. Plus, the competition is tighter there and they tend to be technologically ahead of us up here in the frozen North. Maybe its a combination of factors - a) they probably need a technological shot in the arm just to stay in the race... and b) it's probably an opportune time to launch the product into the marketplace.
    08-11-09 10:23 PM
    9700 is supposedly coming to Europe first... now why would this be? I heard this time RIM is going to go national defence and give Canada an advantage towards the new 9700 Onyx/Merlin.

All I know for sure is that RIM is releasing this one economicly strategic for it's own business....

Any opinions??????
    Where do you think it would be heading in Europe?
    08-12-09 09:35 AM
    Germany
    Canada
    Rest of Europe
    US

That is my somewhat educated guess...
    08-12-09 09:38 AM
    Germany
    Canada
    Rest of Europe
    US

That is my somewhat educated guess...
    Thanks PG .. trustworthy info so i;m excited

whoot whoot Canada ; > hopefully it's end of sept/oct.. since PG and CX and othesr have hinted early Nov release for AT&T.. and since US is last it only makes sense for sept/oct
    08-12-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD