i saw a screenshot for the sprint one just from googling it a couple of hrs ago.
    i am going to try to find it again.

EDIT

i found the link
    9650 Tour 2 IN SPRINT'S POS System!
    Very nice! Now if someone could just build a time machine that will take me into March so I can get my upgrade, that would be wonderful.
    01-08-10 09:42 PM
    AND ITS ONLY $1!!!! Sweet!
    01-08-10 10:06 PM
    I was thinking the same thing. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 10:15 PM
    I'd buy that for a dollar!
    01-08-10 10:23 PM
    If only we could hold them to it...
    01-08-10 10:41 PM
    People are just rude. Yrs ago when life was more simplified, people were more cordial to one another. But now they just care about #1 and don't care how rude they can be.
    01-08-10 10:41 PM
    Had no idea there was a tip line either.

01-08-10 11:05 PM
    I want to give Travis the benefit of the doubt. I called two sources of my own and one is an indirect retail owner of 3 Verizon locations and he doesn't know yet if and when the Tour 2 is being released. All he knows is that photos are being shown on the web but as far as Verizon having it in the lineup soon, he doesn't know. Also a manager friend of mine with Verizon doesn't know either. And for it being in the Verizon system..........don't know that EITHER. What they do know is there are two Palm devices being released this coming week or so on the Verizon network, but for the Tour 2 aka The Essex, no sign of it yet.
    01-08-10 11:36 PM
    Lol, 1 buck, eh? Nice.

I read somewhere else on the forum that that's just a mock-up sku...never heard of those, have dealt with skus for a few years now in various retail environments. But all that aside, whatever sign there is that this phone will be in my hands soon is fine by me! I'm getting giddy now.
    01-08-10 11:44 PM
    I want to give Travis the benefit of the doubt. I called two sources of my own and one is an indirect retail owner of 3 Verizon locations and he doesn't know yet if and when the Tour 2 is being released. All he knows is that photos are being shown on the web but as far as Verizon having it in the lineup soon, he doesn't know. Also a manager friend of mine with Verizon doesn't know either. And for it being in the Verizon system..........don't know that EITHER. What they do know is there are two Palm devices being released this coming week or so on the Verizon network, but for the Tour 2 aka The Essex, no sign of it yet.
    I highly doubt Verizon employees would be aware of this unless they were at the corporate level and fairly high up. Don't know how much has trickled down so I can't say for sure, hopefully you can elaborate on what positions they currently hold.

This isn't me trying to sound like a pompous de-facto executive either, please excuse me if it comes off in that manner. Just trying to assure you that there is information out there, and hopefully it will start to trickle down the Verizon chain(and outwards).
    01-08-10 11:45 PM
    My girl friend's cousin's neighbor's sister's former roommate told me that the Tour2 is in vzw's system but its launch is delayed until June...
    01-09-10 12:18 AM
    does anyone know what the proposed price is rly...not the one dollar price but the retial price
    01-09-10 12:32 AM
    @ saucex

Thanks for posting the information for us verizon users that are eagerly anticpating the release date! I went ahead and posted this question in the thread as well, but I wanted to message you also incase you overread it or don't want to give that answer in the thread.

My 2 year agreement came up in Decemeber and I'm ready to get a new phone. I was going to get the Droid or the Tour until I heard the Tour2 may be coming out soon. I work for a company that does not allow you to have a camera on your cellphone. That is not a problem and I was going to go with the Tour, but I wanted to find out if you thought that the Tour2 would also have the option to be gotten without a camera? I don't mind having to leave the phone in the car either if it comes down to that with my company, so the Droid is also still a choice, I'm just not sure, but I really like the trackpad and the feel of the Blackberry keypad.

Thanks for your information and hopefully you can give me a little heads up b/c if there is not an option for no camera then I'm going to go ahead and renew the contract next week!

Thanks and take care,

Travis B
    01-09-10 01:08 AM
    @ saucex

Thanks for posting the information for us verizon users that are eagerly anticpating the release date! I went ahead and posted this question in the thread as well, but I wanted to message you also incase you overread it or don't want to give that answer in the thread.

My 2 year agreement came up in Decemeber and I'm ready to get a new phone. I was going to get the Droid or the Tour until I heard the Tour2 may be coming out soon. I work for a company that does not allow you to have a camera on your cellphone. That is not a problem and I was going to go with the Tour, but I wanted to find out if you thought that the Tour2 would also have the option to be gotten without a camera? I don't mind having to leave the phone in the car either if it comes down to that with my company, so the Droid is also still a choice, I'm just not sure, but I really like the trackpad and the feel of the Blackberry keypad.

Thanks for your information and hopefully you can give me a little heads up b/c if there is not an option for no camera then I'm going to go ahead and renew the contract next week!

Thanks and take care,

Travis B
    Verizon's goal with Blackberry devices is to market cellular devices to high end clientele, especially those deeply involved with the business world. The idea to release the Tour1 without a camera was not one that made much of a financial difference, but moreso to appease those who work with companies that mandate similar policies to the ones you face.

There's no reason Verizon will stray from this approach with T2. I cannot say for certain at this time, but you should be in good shape.

-Travis
    01-09-10 01:54 AM
    Subscribing to a seemingly reliable thread. Welcome to CB and keep us posted. Don't risk your job, CB needs all the insiders it can get! haha
    01-09-10 01:57 AM
    so this is prob a dumb question but how do i subscribe to this thread??
    01-09-10 03:06 AM
    No its not dumb bro go to thread tools and subscribe

01-09-10 03:10 AM
    so this is prob a dumb question but how do i subscribe to this thread??
    Posting in it subscribes you to it automatically. So you should have gotten an e-mail stating there's a new post for this thread.

01-09-10 03:10 AM
    01-09-10 11:38 AM
    awesome :d
    01-09-10 11:41 AM
    Nice picture

01-09-10 11:44 AM
    I called my friend at the verizon store 2 days ago to find out when my other BB is eligible for upgrade, so i can BOGO, and i asked about the essex, she said she recieves a list every few months for verizon rebates. this list supposedly names all new phones/rebate offers coming out within a 3 month span, shes expecting this list on either tuesday or wednesday, so im hoping i get good news as im due for a BOGO offer february 12th!
    01-09-10 12:21 PM
    Posting in it subscribes you to it automatically. So you should have gotten an e-mail stating there's a new post for this thread.

no it doesn't. you have to subscribe to it manually under tools if you want to be notified
    01-09-10 12:33 PM
    Hopefully the pictures PKCable posted have completely vindicated me. Either that, or I have impeccable timing

Stay tuned..
    01-09-10 12:44 PM
    Hopefully the pictures PKCable posted have completely vindicated me. Either that, or I have impeccable timing

Stay tuned..
    Travis, I think the picture earns you the credibility that the doubters were looking for. Thank you for breaking this information and time frame.
    01-09-10 01:03 PM
1,256 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD