First time BB owner and first post ever! Welcome to me...So now that that's outta the way....
    I bought this Bold from a friend and am using it with Tmobile service. I was missing BB maps so I go to the software manager 4.6 that I downloaded from the BB website. I launch the program, go into add and remove apps, place a check next to BB maps and click the finish button.Then I get this message:

"A fatal error has occurred while updating your phone's software. Please try again."

Anyone ever experience this problem?
    06-22-09 09:35 PM
    Did you accidentally disconnect the USB cable during the install? Or possibly hit a key or something?
    06-22-09 10:07 PM
    Did you accidentally disconnect the USB cable during the install? Or possibly hit a key or something?
    I'm quite certain I did not press any key or disconnect my usb during the process I tried 3 times 4 good measure!
    06-23-09 12:16 AM
    Anyone have any other suggestions or ideas on how to fix this problem???
    06-23-09 02:49 AM
    It could be the fact that most carriers eliminated BBMaps. A lot of users would recommend GoogleMaps over BBMaps anyway.

Chris

PS - Watch the bumping of topics.
    06-23-09 03:10 AM
    It could be the fact that most carriers eliminated BBMaps. A lot of users would recommend GoogleMaps over BBMaps anyway.

Chris

Hmmm, I tried searching the forum for this same issue but nothing I've found has worked for me....I tried updating my software and got the same error message as well. What can I do? Can anyone help please?
    06-23-09 12:35 PM

Chris

BTW, what does watch the bumping of topics mean?
    06-23-09 12:36 PM
    Google Maps is that deal...
    06-23-09 03:45 PM
    I get the same message when I try to use Device Switcher. Haven't found a fix yet
    06-23-09 05:40 PM
    I Know Someone Has To Have An Answer To This!
    06-24-09 01:06 AM
    I Know Someone Has To Have An Answer To This!
    Just use GoogleMaps. It's better anyway. And "Watch the bumping of topics" means exactly that. Watch how you bump your topics. Right from the forum rules and guidelines:

Bumping
    This refers to posting with the deliberate intention to either pad your post count or to keep a thread 'hot' so it appears at the top of the forum. Bumping can sometimes be useful, but you must wait three days from the original post to bump the thread. Only one bump is allowed per thread per user. CrackBerry.com's moderator’s reserve the right to delete useless “bumps” at their discretion.

Chris
    06-24-09 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD